Has the Bible now become the Booble.

A programme on the television now says that Ashweh ( God ) had a wife called Asherah and that the bible was rewritten to exclude all gods to end with just one.

Seems some dodgy dealings have been carried by scribs to amend the writings to form their own interpretation. Whatever next.:huh:

I've read several theories (and that's all they are) of how the Bible came to be the foundation of a monotheistic faith, the most interesting being that its roots lie in the Atenist solar cult of Egypt, a monotheistic "revolution" if you will, and the high priests of the time wished to revive it in a slightly modified (and deeply symbolic) form.

Of course, it may be incorrect to take the terms "light of the world" and "risen saviour" literally, but if the Bible is mostly symbolic (as nobody in their right mind would take it literally) then what does Jesus truly represent?

In early depicitions of Jesus he does look uncannily like a lot of the sun gods that were around at the time.

Even now Jesus is often depicted in front of a solar disc of some sort. A glance at the artwork in any church you'd be forgiven for thinking you'd walked into the HQ of some celestial/solar cult. Even the Pope worships the sun.

Add to this the coinciding of key Judao-Christian religious events with celestial phenomena it's difficult to take modern religion as anything more than astro-theological symbolism.

She seems to be saying what I have been saying for ages which is that a lot of the Old Testament is down to the worship of false gods. This is when the atrocities happen. Perhaps you will believe me now.

There we go again with the old testament Jew bashing.The old testament is old therefore better and truer.Your bible is a story book.

There we go again with the old testament Jew bashing.The old testament is old therefore better and truer.Your bible is a story book.

No, I'm not doing that at all, I'm giving an explanation. The Old Testament I believe is a faithful record of a nation that as you say is true. If I wanted to write my family history I would talk about everything that is good and leave out all the bad and the fact it includes the good and the bad speaks volumes for its authenticity. :)

Archived