Has the Bible now become the Booble.

No, I'm not doing that at all, I'm giving an explanation. The Old Testament I believe is a faithful record of a nation that as you say is true. If I wanted to write my family history I would talk about everything that is good and leave out all the bad and the fact it includes the good and the bad speaks volumes for its authenticity. :)

It includes plenty of both.

A programme on the television now says that Ashweh ( God ) had a wife called Asherah and that the bible was rewritten to exclude all gods to end with just one.

Seems some dodgy dealings have been carried by scribs to amend the writings to form their own interpretation. Whatever next.:huh:

People are free to believe what they will.

It includes plenty of both.

I know there is lots that is good and beautiful in the Old Testament, but the atheists focus only on the bad and I have just spent the last six years trying to explain why that may be. I hope you understand. :)

Perhaps you will believe me now.

Erm... no.

the fact it includes the good and the bad speaks volumes for its authenticity. :)

The Harry Potter books include good and bad events. Does that make them authentic?

but the atheists focus only on the bad

For a reason. Hitler espoused vegetarianism and was kind to animals but that doesn't mitigate any of the other things he was responsible for.

No, I'm not doing that at all, I'm giving an explanation. The Old Testament I believe is a faithful record of a nation that as you say is true. If I wanted to write my family history I would talk about everything that is good and leave out all the bad and the fact it includes the good and the bad speaks volumes for its authenticity. :)

So basically you'd be lying by having us believe everybody in your family was good when this was not actually the case you'd just left out the bad bits. Therefore the new testament is a pack of lies

I know there is lots that is good and beautiful in the Old Testament, but the atheists focus only on the bad and I have just spent the last six years trying to explain why that may be. I hope you understand. :)

you must be very tired after that marathon.

Archived