How wrong the CSA is

As I understand it, the CSA was set up in 1993/4 to make the absent parent (not 'man' necessarily!) pay for the child/ren they had with their ex-partner?

But does it work this way? I think not.

If an ex-partner remarries and he/she- who chose to take that/those kids on- brings in income, why should that ex automatically get a load of extra money to spend on cigs, beer and holidays, which they mostly do!

If it shouldn't be a drastically reduced rate amount, it should be paid in clothes/food vouchers, to negate the scheming habit of squandering it on the above luxuries, from which the child/ren doesn't benefit at all?

I agree with having CSA. Many lone parents probably wouldn't see any form of support from their former partners (which does beg a separate question of why they had a child with them in the first place).

And yes you're right. The absentee should pay the CSA and then the CSA hands out vouchers NOT cash. These vouchers would need to have the recipients name on it and require ID to cash them in as a measure to try to stop them being sold on.

it makes me laugh my partner pays 150.00 a month for 1 child and my ex pays 1.67 a week its hard enough on a low income. i dont mind having to pay something but my partners ex and her partner both work in high paid jobs but that doesnt matter were struggling on what he brings in as it is but hay ho he only as a yr left to pay were as my ex has another 10 and maybe them will be still with him signig the dotted line so really my partner is also paying for my son too :/

Sorry, shaz, that you are a genuine sufferer, and any other parent (male or female) like yourself, but many slappers- as bad as the absent dad/parent- are out to play the game. ;-)

to true hun makes you sick ::gag:

As I understand it, the CSA was set up in 1993/4 to make the absent parent (not 'man' necessarily!) pay for the child/ren they had with their ex-partner?

But does it work this way? I think not.

If an ex-partner remarries and he/she- who chose to take that/those kids on- brings in income, why should that ex automatically get a load of extra money to spend on cigs, beer and holidays, which they mostly do!

If it shouldn't be a drastically reduced rate amount, it should be paid in clothes/food vouchers, to negate the scheming habit of squandering it on the above luxuries, from which the child/ren doesn't benefit at all?

Don't you think that a parent has a responsiblity towards the child no matter what the other partner does or doesn't do?

If it wasn't for my son I would probably live in a freezing cold house with lights off and rubbish food (because I'd rather spend my money on other things!!!) What I'm trying to say is that when people are getting money from their exes they need to take into account that the kid needs warmth, entertainment, clothing, food and bricks to live in. I think most absent parents get a good deal to be honest and should actually pay much much more. Most, if not all, of my monthly income goes directly or indirectly on my son.

I also agree that when a person re-marries this should be taken into consideration because children are part of the package - the new joint income is obviously a bonus for lighting, heating, bricks etc and in this case the exes circumstances need to be considered (like further children to another person).

Whole system is too complicated to ever be fair to everyone.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived