Is teacher correct regarding inhaler?

Anyone suggested the obvious answer - one in the school medicine cabinet AND one in the child's bag which is how I went through school...

yup that is exactly what I would say is the best idea. Children can take some responsibility when they know it is serious and these inhaler prescriptions are often "take as often as required".

Anyone suggested the obvious answer - one in the school medicine cabinet AND one in the child's bag which is how I went through school...

I suggested this as a way of dealing with the parent's (I believe misguided) concerns, but as I said it is not ideal with regard to other pupils. It is also not ideal with regard to the asthmatic child. The parents should be working with the school to monitor and manage the child's asthma. This "solution" is likely to give the school the impression that the child's asthma is well under control when it could be in a much more volatile state.

Archived