The use of mobile phones in hospital

Again, you've chosen to ignore what I actually posted and imply that I was demanding a room to myself. I didn't, it was the staff nurse who was pushing it and I turned it down.

I'm not going to discuss my medical history on here just to satisfy you, my reasons were valid and satisfied the staff I had dealings with. Unless you know the issues involved you've no right to make ignorant and insulting judgements.

The health service has to deal with a far wider range of issues and illnesses than are in your limited imagination.

So glad you are not rising to the bait.

So glad you are not rising to the bait.

Three or four years ago it would have been a different story. :hihi:

I understand why some would jump to the conclusion that it was unfair, but it's unfair in the way that allowing guide dogs into cafes and restaurants is 'unfair'. As it happens I've since had another diagnosis which vindicates it further in retrospect, and next time I'll just take the room!

I've no idea what daven would think of the situation I referred to, I might pm them later (him? Is it Dave N or is Daven one word?)

I do think it's sad that we happen to live in a prevailing culture where basic consideration and responsibility can't be assumed, even in as serious an environment as a hospital. :(

Archived