Legitimacy of ADHD as a medical condition

Leaked UK Govt documents uncovered today have indicated that reviews are underway in relation to the legitimacy of ADHD as an authentic medical condition.

It has been identified that in excess of £25million is spent per annum in benefits to parents with children who have been diagnosed with the disorder.

The government plan to launch an intervention pilot that addresses factors such as diet, social background, health and education in an effort to combat the rising figures of children displaying symptoms of ADHD.

Reviews are also underway to establish the possible connections between media saturation. videogaming and popular culture and dysfunctional behaviours.

I think its a cop out to be honnest. A lot of children I see with problems have their problems start with their parents and how they have been brought up, especially in the first 2 years of their lives where they really need some attention and introduction to the world, social development suffers greatly if not.

i know a few people who have got this diagnosis for there kids, said kids are just naughty and disrespectful and need a good slap.

one of the kids was diagnosed about 15 or so years ago and is totally fubared his life, cant get a job even tho he wants to he hates his mum for pushing for a fake diagnosis

i know a few people who have got this diagnosis for there kids, said kids are just naughty and disrespectful and need a good slap.

one of the kids was diagnosed about 15 or so years ago and is totally fubared his life, cant get a job even tho he wants to he hates his mum for pushing for a fake diagnosis

How much attention was the child given in the first 2 years ?

I reckon its all down to this and the Government keep quiert because they don't want to be seen to be interfering or it will cost them with things like early child care ect.

Kids already suffer in their development with having to get into nurseries later and some of the parents these days only talk down to their kids because they are a burden on their own lifes rather than pushing them socially and interacting wherever possible.

A good example of things that could cause kids under development is the sort of pram that faces away from the parent. Back when I was a nipper we saw our parents as we were pushed around and thus gained early learning into communication and emotional well being, Nowadays babies are excluded from interaction for long periods of their lives.

How much attention was the child given in the first 2 years ?

I reckon its all down to this and the Government keep quiert because they don't want to be seen to be interfering or it will cost them with things like early child care ect.

Kids already suffer in their development with having to get into nurseries later and some of the parents these days only talk down to their kids because they are a burden on their own lifes rather than pushing them socially and interacting wherever possible.

A good example of things that could cause kids under development is the sort of pram that faces away from the parent. Back when I was a nipper we saw our parents as we were pushed around and thus gained early learning into communication and emotional well being, Nowadays babies are excluded from interaction for long periods of their lives.

im not sure with all off them but at least 2 lots was little to no attention as the mums were on drugs or alcoholics, tbh i dont think anything is wrong with the kids for a few reasons i wont go into the parents were just after the money.

what makes me really ad is i am having to fight like crazy for my son to get recognition he as something wrong with him (not adhd) yet because of the people mentioned above i am treat like i am the same all i want is the support he needs

im not sure with all off them but at least 2 lots was little to no attention as the mums were on drugs or alcoholics, tbh i dont think anything is wrong with the kids for a few reasons i wont go into the parents were just after the money.

what makes me really ad is i am having to fight like crazy for my son to get recognition he as something wrong with him (not adhd) yet because of the people mentioned above i am treat like i am the same all i want is the support he needs

I genuinly feel for you. I know how frustrating it can be to reckognise a behavioural difference in a child only for the school or doctors to offer no or little support.

I can only put it down to this ADHD thing as being an easy option for them where they can stick people into a certain bracket of people, without having to fully diagnose their problem and offer any corrective treatment.

I am not going to say why I understand but labeling all kids with this is a cop out both from having to diagnose the real issue and a get out clause from pointing the finger at people and where they have failed their children. With the climate of being taken to court in this country no one will speak up and say what they believe incase it offends and costs them, wherether it be against ethnic minority/immigrants/the disabled or people dragging their kids up. I have always been a type that calls a spade a spade and sod the PC cr4p. If people are bringing up kids from the womb up wrong then lets face up to it and address it instead of saying its this or that several years later. Its not helping the rest of us with real issues.

I have come across a quite a few ADHD children, it is very real problem for them and you can see they really do try to control themselves.

I find it only becomes a problem for them and others if their parents cannot support them properly and control their challenging behaviour due to other situations/ backgrounds/education. Most do a fantastic job supporting their child, even though it is hard and to say it is not real is unfair on the majority of parents that bring up, well adjusted, well behaved and polite children who have ADHD.

I think the problem is most parents who have children that are diganosed with ADHD and are well behaved never use it as an excuse for bad behaviour however they might use the diagnoses to explain it for ticks or some of the other effects, hence you only hear about the poorly behaved ADHD children and this puts a really negative slant on the condition and the horrible belief that all ADHD children misbehave :(

adhd my bum bum - it should be called ultra naughty chav syndrome, i bet 90% the kids who are supposed to have it come from scroaty chavvy backgrounds and/or have either been spoilt to death or dragged up or a combination of both aswell as being never taught right from wrong.

Q - why didn't i ever see (cough) adhd when i was growing up 30 years ago ?

A - because kids back then were brought up better than today and made do with what they had and no-one complained !

not trolling just cannot understand why people fall for it :loopy:

Leaked UK Govt documents uncovered today have indicated that reviews are underway in relation to the legitimacy of ADHD as an authentic medical condition.

More like SDD (Slap Deficit Disorder).

Tis passing strange that ADHD has become so high profile at a time when discipline in schools and in the home has all but vanished. How many modern schools have you heard described as being "zoos"?

ADHD myth mostly based on nonsense

But ADHD is not a disease. Virtually all children display behaviors that could be perceived as "symptoms" of the disorder. (Those symptoms include hyperactivity, inattentiveness, forgetfulness, impulsivity and disorganization.) ADHD is a myth that serves as an "out" for teachers and parents who would rather not have to deal with unruly children. Why discipline Little Johnny when he could simply be medicated to conform to behavioral standards?

An ADHD diagnosis is not only simple to obtain, but it also allows parents to evade responsibility for their child's rogue behavior. A spoiled brat diagnosed with a "disease" is no longer a spoiled brat, and most conveniently, no one is responsible for his conduct.

LINK

Archived