Ebay Paypal accounts fozen

Hello, has anyone had their account blocked until providing ID proof ie: Passport

Birth Certificate, utility bill ect. Please help.

Cheers young tup.

I had the same problem.

I sent them the proof they asked and then for a few weeks I kept checking my paypal account to see if it was had been unblocked, eventually I phoned this number 08707 307 191 and the person who answered said according to his computer the proof I sent had been with them quite a while and he couldn't understand why the account was still blocked. He said he would sort it out immediately and he was true to his word it was cleared in less than an hour.

---------- Post added 24-01-2013 at 14:15 ----------

Check the thread date!

Must get myself some new specs

There were lots of complaints and accusations Paypal was becoming a money launderer so they had to add new security measures.

I couple of years ago I sent up a vBulletin forum and featured a Paypal donate plugin, with a suggested donation of 50p or a pound (we had 200 regulars and 50p each would pay for the domain and renewals).

20 donations in and Paypal froze the account on suspicion of money laundering!

Archived