Banks and cheques

Why does it take the Natwest from tuesday to the following monday tp proess a cheque?

I wpouldnt mind so much if th cheque werent from a natwest account and i pid into anoher natwest acount.

Is this really good enough for the 21st century or is it just me being picky?

Why does it take the Natwest from tuesday to the following monday tp proess a cheque?

I wpouldnt mind so much if th cheque werent from a natwest account and i pid into anoher natwest acount.

My bold. No it isn't.

You really should be using a 21st century method of transferring money, rather than a 9th century one.

By the way, technically, a cheque never clears, and can be bounced at any time. We only use cheques to pay the milkman now.

If you don't have access to 21st century methods of transferring money as provided by most online banking, stick to cash imho.

I very often send cheques as birthday/Christmas presents. I object to having to pay extra to buy a postal order so won't use these and I certainly don't want to send cash through the post - so seems like when cheques are phased out I'm not going to be able to send money as presents.

I am sure that the phasing out of cheques will hit the small businesses - the company I work for sends out cheques in payment of bills.

Also, when I have had any work done I always send out a cheque in payment of their invoice.

My bold. No it isn't.

You really should be using a 21st century method of transferring money, rather than a 9th century one.

By the way, technically, a cheque never clears, and can be bounced at any time. We only use cheques to pay the milkman now.

If you don't have access to 21st century methods of transferring money as provided by most online banking, stick to cash imho.

I know where your coming from. I never write a cheque or use them if i can. Unfortunatly the party who is doing the paying instisted on a cheque :roll:

I don't mind so much that cheques take a few days to clear but it bugs me that when I transfer money over the phone it takes a few days. Why? Its just electronic information its not real money

How much does your bank charge you to clear a cheque/transfer funds by phone?

Because the cheque has to be sent around the country in a van. Seriously. You'd be far better doing an online transfer which would be instant.

Archived