Census Day - make Lockheed Martin pay

I'm sure your particualr religious beliefs are very much of secondary interest and there is no need to get paranoid about restrictions on foreign travel either.
I don't particularly care about indicating my religious beliefs (I don't have any), nor am I paranoid about restrictions on foreign travel. These earlier posts of mine were in jest (spot the ironic smileys...if you can?)

Carrying out a census is nothing to get upset over and it helps the government get some idea where allocations for various funds and benefits should be prioritized.
Nor am I upset (in the least) about the UK Gvt carrying out a Census. Ours was completed and sent back on the day it was received.

I am merely concerned that the UK Gvt would sub-contract processing of data with some degree of strategic value to a foreign private company, is all.

Is this the same BP that is mostly American now? The same BP that employed US contractors to do the work?

The lady doth protest too much:hihi:.

It's not mostly American even if some management are American. BP failed to oversee it's contractor operations which a corporation engaged in it's line of work and productivity needs to periodically do.

Whichever way you look at it the buck always stops at the top and the CEO didnt come across very well in stating early in the leakage that he did not have the equipment to stop it.

Anyway, drifting off topic

I don't particularly care about indicating my religious beliefs (I don't have any), nor am I paranoid about restrictions on foreign travel. These earlier posts of mine were in jest (spot the ironic smileys...if you can?)

Nor am I upset (in the least) about the UK Gvt carrying out a Census. Ours was completed and sent back on the day it was received.

I am merely concerned that the UK Gvt would sub-contract processing of data with some degree of strategic value to a foreign private company, is all.

Why would you feel threatened or uneasy about processing of data by a foreign company? Lockheed-Martin are not your enemy and why and how would they use it for strategic purposes? Knowing the etnic makeup, population size, number of kids, sexes and incomes would be hardly useful for much outside of what it was intended to achieve.

As I mentioned earlier a census serves to give the government some idea which parts of the country should get special funding for education, development and other types of social aid. I would say that a city like present day Sheffield would definitely benefit from this

I reckon this thread is all sour grapes because a Yank company got the contract and Yank phobes are as numerous on here as weeds on a bomb site

[/b]I reckon this thread is all sour grapes because a Yank company got the contract and Yank phobes are as numerous on here as weeds on a bomb site

I love Americans, except for Palin, Huckabee, GOP, Prolifers, Westboro, Glen Beck et al. It's getting a bit scary over there you have to admit. I can see your womenfolk walking round in veils soon, having to be chaparoned.

Archived