Petrol prices poll

has the price of fuel changed in last 24 hours  

23 members have voted

1. 1. has the price of fuel changed in last 24 hours

• gone down 1p
    • stayed the same
    • gone up 1p then dropped 1p within 24 hours

Diesel at both Shell and Total stations on A57 at Anston were down 1p this morning (£1.389 last night, 17:30-ish > £1.379 this morning, 08:10-ish).

I'll give it a max of 3 days before it's back up ("oil-barrel-has-gone-up-since-then").

Go down ecclesall road and texaco are offering 3p off a litre if u buy a lotto ticket. Thing is their fuel is 140.9p for diesel so you aren't gonna save anything. Then again u might win the big one.

To be honest unless it comes down 20p its not even worth shopping around. 60p a saving on a 60litre tank for 1 pence deduction. Is it worth the bother???

Go down ecclesall road and texaco are offering 3p off a litre if u buy a lotto ticket. Thing is their fuel is 140.9p for diesel so you aren't gonna save anything. Then again u might win the big one.

To be honest unless it comes down 20p its not even worth shopping around. 60p a saving on a 60litre tank for 1 pence deduction. Is it worth the bother???

True, and personally I'm amazed how much good publicity Osborne has received over this, lets not forget it has risen 40% in two years!!

avoid the 2 petrol stations on greenland road nr darnall, both put their prices up and dont appear to have changed them, the cheeky gits at the shell garage have turned the sign off. that station is always 1-2p more expensive than the nearby shell at handsworth. daylight robbery, avoid using them both.

True, and personally I'm amazed how much good publicity Osborne has received over this, lets not forget it has risen 40% in two years!!

Just shows how gullible the british public are if they think hes doing them a favour. I was amazed that even a haulier when interviewed on bbc1 news said hes was pleased at the 1p deduction. Weren't these the same people who were saying they'd go out of business when fuel went over the £1 a litre mark?

No. You're better off using supermarket forecourts and collecting their point-things for rebates/offers on goods, that amounts to a better saving per litre when you do the maths.

When I lived in France near Luxemburg, it was worth going to Luxemburg just to fill up, as there was a €0.20 to €0.30 difference per liter. That is, so long as you were still within about 30kms from the border. After that, not really (depending on car MPG of course).

Or slightly farther than 30kms, if you were "buying fags on behalf" ;) and making a bit on the side from it (there was a difference of nearly €3 per 20). But I never did that of course.

So far as the UK is concerned, the only place where the above applies is Northern Ireland. But then, it's usually Southern Irish going North to do their shopping and filling up, not the Brits going South.

Archived