Changing JSA allowance

Just a thought and not to start an argument, just wondered if this could work. with all the "cuts" going on, i thought why not limit the amount of time you could claim Job seekers allowance for upto 2 years. then you cannot re claim for say 1 year. that way it would stop all the people who fall out of school etc, coming into the country and going onto JSA and just live on benefits. reason i say this is i have seen the documents job seekers sign to claim JSA and they agree to accept any role above minimum wage and within 1 and a half hours travel distance. which i really dont believe people claiming do. and before anyone says it i have been on JSA before but did actively look and accept work to get on benefits. but think how much this would save as JSA would be cut by 33 % each year!!!

But could it work?

I actually agree my boyfriends just been laid off and without jsa allowence i dont no were we would be, but hes wanting a job asap unlike the people that live off the dole, i deffinatly agree with you on that one.

If he is unlucky and doesn't get another job in the next two years, would you still feel the same when faced with no income at all?

job seekers isnt the best benefit too live off is it? come on its not exactley lots of money is it?

its the people who are falsely claiming DLA and other sickness related benefits that i have a problem with and belive me ive seen loads of them. i have a sister who plays the system like a good un and gets certain sickness benefits cos shes deppressed! and she gets more than i do and i work as a manager! she knows my thoughts on it. and i also know someone who has had a bad back for the last 10 years and claims DLA and careers allowance etc etc and he even has a car from them! i had to get rid of my car as i couldnt afford it anymore!

ive seen my sister in action when she turns on the im deppressed show for the doctor i understand she had it rough in the past and things have happened to her that shouldnt have but i think shes more than capable of working as she doesnt seem to have a problem going out shopping to parties and nights out etc etc also the guy with the bad back doesnt seem to have a problem putting fencing up or moving furniture or even running away from security guards when him and his girlfreind is out shop lifting!

job seekers isnt the best benefit too live off is it? come on its not exactley lots of money is it?

its the people who are falsely claiming DLA and other sickness related benefits that i have a problem with and belive me ive seen loads of them. i have a sister who plays the system like a good un and gets certain sickness benefits cos shes deppressed! and she gets more than i do and i work as a manager! she knows my thoughts on it. and i also know someone who has had a bad back for the last 10 years and claims DLA and careers allowance etc etc and he even has a car from them! i had to get rid of my car as i couldnt afford it anymore!

ive seen my sister in action when she turns on the im deppressed show for the doctor i understand she had it rough in the past and things have happened to her that shouldnt have but i think shes more than capable of working as she doesnt seem to have a problem going out shopping to parties and nights out etc etc also the guy with the bad back doesnt seem to have a problem putting fencing up or moving furniture or even running away from security guards when him and his girlfreind is out shop lifting!

Why does your post wreak of sibling rivalry?

Ah, so your solution to unemployment is to let them starve. Yes, I suppose that will reduce the number of unemployed people, in a way...

but are you seriously telling me someone on JSA couldnt find "any" job within 24 months, as the contract states they sign when they claim they are job seeking - they will accept any role above minimum wage and within 1.5 hours travel distance.

After two years people should have to work to get their benefits ie if they haven't found a job then they should have to undertake work a bit like the community pay back scheme for offenders - you are told what to do

I also think that benefits should be stopped after six months if the person signing on can't communicate in English - if they are not willing to learn English how seriously can they be looking for a job?

my ex goes from jsa,to self employed,to work for a week and has been doing this since last sept,

jsa seems more of a fall back,

is it instant payment?

i thought if you left a benefit and went back to it ud have to reapply and would take weeks?

a lot of people i know have left there jobs to go self employed and jsa,to avoid csa like my ex has,

Archived