Why do we sexualise something if it then offends us?

Not quite what I meant Harleyman.

Here's an example: Let's say a programme on BBC1 about tribal africans shows members of the community naked is aired at 7pm. Why isn't that considered obscene?

In that instance it's not obscene as the tribe are accustomed to running around naked as part of their way of life. If you accused them of being obscene they wouldnt understand what you're talking about.

Many years ago the Queen was on a visit to Africa and during one part of the tour was invited to watch some tribal dancing. The women of the tribe were accustomed to being bare breasted. Believe it or not after a hasty conference between her officials and the host government it was arranged to fly out dozens of bras purchased at a London store.

I saw the dancing on a news clip. It was a riot. A whole tribe of women in a remote area of Africa wearing white bras from Marks and Sparks :hihi:

In that instance it's not obscene as the tribe are accustomed to running around naked as part of their way of life. If you accused them of being obscene they wouldnt understand what you're talking about.
Sorry Harleyman, forget about the tribes-people, I meant why don't we find it obscene? Breasts are breasts, genitals are genitals aren't they? If it was filmed in wigan there'd be a right stink-up over it.

Originally posted by Harleyman

Many years ago the Queen was on a visit to Africa and during one part of the tour was invited to watch some tribal dancing. The women of the tribe were accustomed to being bare breasted. Believe it or not after a hasty conference between her officials and the host government it was arranged to fly out dozens of bras purchased at a London store.

I saw the dancing on a news clip. It was a riot. A whole tribe of women in a remote area of Africa wearing white bras from Marks and Sparks :hihi:

This is what I mean.... Why?

Speaking of bra's- why is it ok to wear swimwear in public but not underwear?

This is the prime example of sexualisation at it's silliest.

Sorry Harleyman, forget about the tribes-people, I meant why don't we find it obscene? Breasts are breasts, genitals are genitals aren't they? If it was filmed in wigan there'd be a right stink-up over it.

This is what I mean.... Why?

Speaking of bra's- why is it ok to wear swimwear in public but not underwear?

This is the prime example of sexualisation at it's silliest.

You certainly bring some interesting discussions to SF danot.:)

Archived