Why do we sexualise something if it then offends us?

But if she'd been wearing her underwear the film would have caused a scandal.:huh: Nowt as wierd as folk.

I dont think so. Remember some of those old Carry On films? And dont forget the Benny Hill shows.

Plenty on display there

But if she'd been wearing her underwear the film would have caused a scandal.:huh: Nowt as wierd as folk.

I dont think so. Remember some of those old Carry On films? And dont forget the Benny Hill shows.

Plenty on display there

The carry-on films and Benny Hill, toyed with our prudishness towards everything that we sexualise. underwear was flaunted because it was deemed naughty to do so.. since when as underwear been naughty?

Why does this happen in almost every modern day society?

First we sexualise something that isn't sexual, then we feel awkward towards it because we associate sex with it, then we condemn the sight of it because it's obscene.

Could it be a form of mental illness?

You mean "I" don't you?

I wouldn't call it "mental illness." :)

You mean "I" don't you?

I wouldn't call it "mental illness." :)

No, I mean we.

If it only applied to me, then I would suspect that no one would take a second look if I ventured out in my boxers on a hot day, but you and I both know that wouldn't be the case.

If it only applied to me then I would suspect that no one would pass judgement if I allowed my 7 year old daughter to wear make up and high heels for school, but you and I both know that wouldn't be the case.

If it only applied to me then I would suspect that most men wouldn't feel compellled to stare when a woman is eating something phalic, but once again you and I both know that this isn't the case.... don't we?

No, I mean we.

If it only applied to me, then I would suspect that no one would take a second look if I ventured out in my boxers on a hot day, but you and I both know that wouldn't be the case.

If it only applied to me then I would suspect that no one would pass judgement if I allowed my 7 year old daughter to wear make up and high heels for school, but you and I both know that wouldn't be the case.

If it only applied to me then I would suspect that most men wouldn't feel compellled to stare when a woman is eating something phalic, but once again you and I both know that this isn't the case.... don't we?

I'm not "most men" Danot...I'm me. :)

If you really believe the "we" you use to be universal I may have to ponder the question of "mental illness" all over again. ;)

I'm not "most men" Danot...I'm me. :)

If you really believe the "we" you use to be universal I may have to ponder the question of "mental illness" all over again. ;)

You are most men Swami, you're just telling me what you think people want to hear. I used to do that. Not anymore though.:)

Archived