How do you manage to get a decent nights sleep?

Really wear yourself out in the day...

An early evening gym session (so straight after work at 5pm)

if I do any evening exercise or have a day of really strenuous exercise, I get really hyped up and cant sleep. it catches up with me the day after, when i sleep like a baby.

Not having a heavy meal too close to bed time....

on the contrary, if I have my tea at 10pm, I sleep well - apparently the stomach drains the oxygen from your brain and makes you drowsy I ve been told.

Listening to gentle/calming music...
I end up listening to it and it stimulates thought and emotion.

not trying to disprove you, just saying we're all different. But I do have ADHD which is a cause of sleep disorder, but these days, dont fight it. i might wake up a bit tired but by 10am I'm on fire. When I'm tired, I'll have a good night of sleep. I just live with it, only downside is sometimes lack of sleep gives me a headache and I have an early night.

I can't sleep unless it's silent, gentle music would definitely keep me up.

I find that I sleep much better if I make sure I get up in the morning, and doing some exercise helps (ideally not just before bed though). Also getting outside during the day and ensuring that your diurnal clock is set correctly.

Hi folks,

I only manage to get an average of 3-4 hours sleep a night if I'm lucky.

Everyday when I come home from work I feel really tired and drained. BUT when the evening comes I spring into action, feeling wide awake and raring to go.

Why is this?

I really envy people who get at least 7-8 hours sleep at night.

What can I do to ensure I get a good nights sleep? :help:

lay on the edge of the bed , you will soon drop off

:D

I send the other half downstairs... cant sleep more than 2 hours with his constant snoring. so he either goes, or I go in the spare room..

alcohol- knocks me out till about 3am.. then im up and down..

I too envy the people that sleep all the way through..

I was ''pleased'' wednesday when I had around 5 hours in total of full sleep (whereas I tend to doze/be half awake from about 5am onwards).

the slightest noise/light wakes me up (miss the dark mornings when I need a lie in!)

Hi folks,

I only manage to get an average of 3-4 hours sleep a night if I'm lucky.

Everyday when I come home from work I feel really tired and drained. BUT when the evening comes I spring into action, feeling wide awake and raring to go.

Why is this?

I really envy people who get at least 7-8 hours sleep at night.

What can I do to ensure I get a good nights sleep? :help:

I find that making love does the trick,feel all chilled and relaxed after that,and another is a few beers or a good workout at the gym.they all do the trick.

Archived