Oxymoron alert? ..

It is a bit wooly isn't it, whilst technically correct, the implication of killed instantly is that there was no suffering. If you'd just been shot twice in the head though and not killed, then there was definitely some suffering before the 3rd fatal shot.

Precisely my point. You can hardly be killed instantly if you've already been shot twice.:)

It can mean two things though, they weren't killed instantly from the point when violence against them started, but they were killed instantly by the 3rd shot (as opposed to bleeding to death over 3 minutes from the 3rd shot for example).

Precisely my point. You can hardly be killed instantly if you've already been shot twice.:)

Of course you can.

Being shot in the head is not always fatal.

The first two shots could injure but not kill.

The third could cause instant death.

It's not an oxymoron.

Oooh... I'm all scared now! Who do I decide is the stupid one! :help:

Edit ... you

Not edit ... me

Mods! ... Get your computer Tippex out please! :D

well, I like Alcoblog and I like Ratter71, but who do I like best? There's only one way to find out .......................

Fight !

Of course you can.

Being shot in the head is not always fatal.

The first two shots could injure but not kill.

The third could cause instant death.

It's not an oxymoron.

Yeah but if the perps already had a couple of pops at your grey matter with his trusty Heckler & Koch with the sole intent of your immediate demise, it's certainly not likely the first two were test shots is it!? Therefore, to my way of thinking, death isn't instantaneous! I understand your point though ... just that I'm right! :D

Yeah but if the perps already had a couple of pops at your grey matter with his trusty Heckler & Koch with the sole intent of your immediate demise, it's certainly not likely the first two were test shots is it!? Therefore, to my way of thinking, death isn't instantaneous!

The quote does not imply that death was instantaneous at the start of the attack. It specifically refers to the third shot as being the one which caused instant death.

Archived