British secret police .

The secret police are certainly very good at remaining so in this country I have to say. They are a true secret police unlike those of some other nations. MI5 are well known servants of internal security but of course are too well known. It is however widely acknowledged an entirely secret police do exist but little is known about their activities and whether they in fact are a centralised group. Frequently enough they are eluded to in the local press - special units tackling terrorism or gang crime etc. The crack mobs you read about basically are what we could call 'the secret police'. MI5 are clearly also a form of secret police but propaganda is used always to spruce up their image. We see MI5, last bastion against the muzzy's. The reality is less palatable - that were all under surveillance so that the government can keep a tight grip on the reigns and that they ultimately are a 'secret police'

hardly a secret if they advertise vacancies on the internet for all to see ,maybe thats how such as philby got in but in those days there was no internet so i imagine it would have been done through a club or the old boys act

They are secret by definition. Their existence is known but their activities are kept very hush hush. As I say the website etc is all part of the propaganda. It is also a blindingly good way of recruiting - secret policing is essentially surveillance and takes all sorts I imagine

Mi5 why is it not referred to the Governments secret police ?

We all know states like Egypt , Libya and north Korea had / have them

Do they and would they operate in the same way ?

Eg protecting Government policy at all costs ! Above any laws ? - no matter what ?

Because people don't scurry past the Mi5 building keeping their heads down like they did in the Soviet bloc and other lovely places.

They are secret by definition. Their existence is known but their activities are kept very hush hush. As I say the website etc is all part of the propaganda. It is also a blindingly good way of recruiting - secret policing is essentially surveillance and takes all sorts I imagine

Yes when we use the word secret we use it in the sense of thier secretive activites , we all know secret police exist in dictatorships but still use the word !*

Do we have simularities between say mi6 and mubaraks police ?

Do we have simularities between say mi6 and mubaraks police ?

Well, I'm assuming that you are still referring to the domestic activities of Mubarak's secret police in Egypt. If so, no we don't have any similarities, as MI6 are a foreign intelligence service (as you have been told countless times).

Archived