Panorama reveals the real story behind the country’s revolution.

when people started to get killed ( 800+ ) on the streets in front of them

BBC TURNED THE CAMERAS OFF!

Used grainy footage instead!

removed their reporters!

Mmm... I wonder why?! :loopy: Maybe because no reporters job description involves actively seeking to become part of that number.

ok so in your mind egypt was more dangerous than Libya?

How long will it take you to get into your head that the BBC were in Egypt?! You keep admitting it, and then going on as if they weren't!

So such a question is completely nonsensical!

A more sensible question is:

"ok so in your mind standing in the middle of a crowd of people being shot at by police and army and filing a report is more dangerous than standing vaguely near the region, but behind the frontline, of an ongoing battle and filing a report?"

Yes, obviously. Do you not?

when people started to get killed ( 800+ ) on the streets in front of them

BBC TURNED THE CAMERAS OFF!

Oh, and the 800+ figure reported by some some sources (but not all) is quoted even by them as being for the entire period from 25th January-11th February in the entire country, not as you suggest, where a BBC camera had been pointing moments previously until they turned it off and ran away.

As you said earlier, it is how a story is told which influences.

which thousands were killed in Libya? as we remember it protesters armed themselves and marched all the way to the outskirts of tripoli!

I was answering someone else's questions. If you think my answers are wrong, then you'd better be able to explain why.

If you can't develop even a simple thesis and then argue it consistently and logically, then what hope do you have of advancing a complex thesis.

Particularly as you seem completely unaware of any news that isn't on the Television.

I just don't watch Television news, yet manage to stay better informed than you. Maybe you could learn something if you tore your eyes away from the screen.

For the record I'm not endorsing any decision by the UN or Arab League or our government. But CX3000 asked why Libya and not Yemen or Bahrain, and that is the answer.

If you think the answer is different, then please try and put forward a cogent, well constructed argument, instead of your wild scattergun approach to reasoning.

Oh, and the 800+ figure reported by some some sources (but not all) is quoted even by them as being for the entire period from 25th January-11th February in the entire country, not as you suggest, where a BBC camera had been pointing moments previously until they turned it off and ran away.

As you said earlier, it is how a story is told which influences.

I forgot to mention also that the 800+ included police and military.

Archived