Bus lanes are for buses - not cars

What is it with the amount of cars using bus lanes because they cant be bothered to wait in traffic like the rest of us? Ive noticed this most down Arundel Gate from the back of Central Library to the left turn across from the Academy.

Just to re-iterate on this road - THE LEFT HAND LANE IS FOR BUSES.

Ive just had a very close miss near a DIY store (that sounds like the burning part of a candle - not sure if I can mention the name here) when I was out, some woman drove all the way down the bus lane and when I indicated to move over to turn off, I left a gap, pulled in and she beeped at me as if id done something wrong. Well let me just make this clear, I was in the right hand lane that was NOT a bus lane, she was in the left hand lane which IS a bus lane until the bus gate behind aforement DIY store

You might know this person, she wore so much makeup that if you woke up next to her in the morning, the pillow would be orange and it would look like someone completely different.

Im not sure on this point but dont a lot of buses have cameras on the dashboards to catch people using the bus lanes when they shouldnt be? If so, do they actually send letters/fines out?

They bloody ought too.

did you actually check when the bus lane times are, the amount of times i have used a bus lane is funny when its outside stated hours, drivers look at me as if im committing a major crime, however if they actually looked, its only a bus lane for a few hours a day, the rest of the time, its to be treated like normal road.

And by the timing of your post, i suspect that this could be the case, so in effect if so, you cut her up, so possibally you COULD be in the wrong??

What is it with the amount of cars using bus lanes because they cant be bothered to wait in traffic like the rest of us? Ive noticed this most down Arundel Gate from the back of Central Library to the left turn across from the Academy.

Ive just had a very close miss near a DIY store (that sounds like the burning part of a candle - not sure if I can mention the name here) when I was out, some woman drove all the way down the bus lane and when I indicated to move over to turn off, I left a gap, pulled in and she beeped at me as if id done something wrong. Well let me just make this clear, I was in the right hand lane that was NOT a bus lane, she was in the left hand lane which IS a bus lane until the bus gate behind aforement DIY store

You might know this person, she wore so much makeup that if you woke up next to her in the morning, the pillow would be orange and it would look like someone completely different.

Im not sure on this point but dont a lot of buses have cameras on the dashboards to catch people using the bus lanes when they shouldnt be? If so, do they actually send letters/fines out?

They bloody ought too.

As Dawny said..is it a permanent bus lane or is it ony operational within certain times?

They bloody ought too.

Ha Ha! You got your facts wrong! Everyone laugh at the silly person!

the amount of times i have used a bus lane is funny when its outside stated hours, drivers look at me as if im committing a major crime, however if they actually looked, its only a bus lane for a few hours a day, the rest of the time, its to be treated like normal road.

totally agree - everyone glares like you've just been on the rob or something, I'm going to get a bumper sticker that glows and says "it's a rush hour bus lane, leave me alone"

Archived