Strange goings on in the bus stop

Stood at the bus stop earlier today, sun shining bright, waiting for a bus as it happens. And four lads approached, one nipped into the petrol station for some milk. They began to smoke a joint.

"5-0", as they put it, were about. The police pulled a U turn at a T-junction (on a bend) up ahead. They circled around it once and pulled up. Then, they did a weird maneuverer reversing back around the turning circle. The lads were worried about getting fined for smoking in a bus shelter.

But surely they would have just got a caution for possession of cannabis rather than a fine for smoking tobacco in a bus shelter?

And why drive round a (kind of) roundabout both forwards and backwards?

The mind boggles!

Smoking cannabis is not illegal.

OK, OK, "technically" it is, but a law that isn't enforced has as much credibility as the law that states that it is still legal to shoot a Scotsman with a crossbow upon seeing one, except for on Sundays (a holdover from medieval wars with Scotland).

Unless you're smoking cannabis in the police canteen (and have all the paperwork filled out already) there is zero chance of the Keystone Kops South Yorkshire Police taking action against you.

Smoking cannabis is not illegal.

OK, OK, "technically" it is, but a law that isn't enforced has as much credibility as the law that states that it is still legal to shoot a Scotsman with a crossbow upon seeing one, except for on Sundays (a holdover from medieval wars with Scotland).

Unless you're smoking cannabis in the police canteen (and have all the paperwork filled out already) there is zero chance of the Keystone Kops South Yorkshire Police taking action against you.

tbh i wouldnt say its zero, it depends where how and why and which copper finds you

My family laugh at me because I have never smelled waccy baccy, and I wouldn't know a cannabis plant if I had a garden full of them!! Is it just me?

My mum hasn't got a clue what it smells like either, even though you can always smell it around here because people just walk down the street with it. I think she thinks it's just a fag, bless her.

Archived