Do you think there should be a cut off age for going to gigs and festivals

I think it should be the sworn duty of all parents especially dads to attend nightclubs, gigs and festivals where their kids are attending. Dads must also wear their 70's flairs that are a bit short in the leg...

....then dance while children are looking on.

:D

Done all of the above except wear flares - didn't even like 'em in the '70's.

BTW if anyone does want to take their kids to a festival I can recommend the YNot Festival in Derbyshire.

http://www.ynotfestivals.co.uk/

Last years was so good (£2 a pint in the beer tent was a huge plus).

Done all of the above except wear flares - didn't even like 'em in the '70's.

BTW if anyone does want to take their kids to a festival I can recommend the YNot Festival in Derbyshire.

http://www.ynotfestivals.co.uk/

Last years was so good (£2 a pint in the beer tent was a huge plus).

talking of the 70s apparently theyve cancelled this years ormsby hall 70s do in middlesbrough due to rising costs

The people who first attended festivals are now in their 70's - assuming that they can still get into a tent and smoke a spliff, then they should be allowed to continue... It's nice that kids are interested in festivals still though, as it means that there's a good chance that such events will continue into my old age!

Gigs are different though, as the age group of those attending generally is similar to those playing on stage... Again, still ok for kids to attend but in my experience they never really get into the music much as the older blokes always seem to (40's - 50's) regardless of the gig!

The people who first attended festivals are now in their 70's -

Think 60s would be more correct, I was gigging and holding down a day job back in 62 and I'm not in my 70s.

Sept, Oct, & Nov 63 = 91 nights, we played 62 of them.

Think 60s would be more correct, I was gigging and holding down a day job back in 62 and I'm not in my 70s.

Sept, Oct, & Nov 63 = 91 nights, we played 62 of them.

I know someone who was at 1st Glastonbury who is now 73, and doubt he was the oldest one there (although I would imagine that there would be loads of slightly young people too)...

As the title says...Personally I love live music, but are gigs and festivals and stuff just for young people ? I guess the things I've been to have mixed age groups, and when I was about 18 or so, we used to look at oldies as we thought they were then, and wonder what they were doing there.The trouble with that was these oldies were probably only about 35 !

How are you going to enforce this cut off age? And why do you want it?

Archived