Men in vans selling things??

is this legal?

weve recently had a bloke in avan driving round asking if we want to buy mattresses (double and kingsize)

they are all brand new and still in the plastic covering with the carboard on the corners.

they still have a sticker on saying £699 but they are selling em for £180 (memory foam, orthopaedic etc)

they even have business cards

sounds dodgy to me tbh, somebody at work reckons its legit and they just want rid before going back to the depot??

Bent as a 9 bob note.

I was once nearly ran over by a car, the bloke stuck his head out of the window and tried selling me a “ genuine” Italian leather jacket ( still in covers, tags, the lot) ……………… ya right. :suspect:

lol @ nearly run over

Yeah it probably is bent ! We have them round every so often, it makes me laugh as sometimes they come into work (An art gallery) and ask if I want to buy a bed..I usually ask if it's Tracy Emin's. They also have a range of sheets and stuff, and on occasion, doormats ???!! The ones I've seen have been in about once a year and they are liverpudlians.

is this legal?

weve recently had a bloke in avan driving round asking if we want to buy mattresses (double and kingsize)

they are all brand new and still in the plastic covering with the carboard on the corners.

they still have a sticker on saying £699 but they are selling em for £180 (memory foam, orthopaedic etc)

sounds dodgy to me tbh, somebody at work reckons its legit and they just want rid before going back to the depot??

just like those leather sofas...that are so hard you cannot sit on them...run from a place in west yorkshire...moved on to beds now have they...one born every minute if you buy off the back of a van...

is this legal?

What's the problem? You will shove ice cream in your mush bought from a van no questions asked won't you! ;)

Archived