Men in vans selling things??

It's as bent as a dog's hind leg. We used to get guys trying to knock out watches from their hired Mercs saying that they were promotional items ..... The watches told the time with as much accuracy as a sun dial and would probably turn your arm green as soon as you put it on.

is this legal?

weve recently had a bloke in avan driving round asking if we want to buy mattresses (double and kingsize)

they are all brand new and still in the plastic covering with the carboard on the corners.

they still have a sticker on saying £699 but they are selling em for £180 (memory foam, orthopaedic etc)

they even have business cards

sounds dodgy to me tbh, somebody at work reckons its legit and they just want rid before going back to the depot??

I thought this Forum Sheffield related?:huh:

It's as bent as a dog's hind leg. We used to get guys trying to knock out watches from their hired Mercs saying that they were promotional items ..... The watches told the time with as much accuracy as a sun dial and would probably turn your arm green as soon as you put it on.

:hihi:

That’s what the guy told me about the leather jackets.

:hihi:

That’s what the guy told me about the leather jackets.

Thing was they had a big Merc place in Milton Keynes so it seemed really plausible to most but as residents we had all heard the scuttlebutt about these guys. God knows how many parted with a decent wedge for some crap you could get off of the looky looky men in Spain for a fiver!

is this legal?

weve recently had a bloke in avan driving round asking if we want to buy mattresses (double and kingsize)

they are all brand new and still in the plastic covering with the carboard on the corners.

they still have a sticker on saying £699 but they are selling em for £180 (memory foam, orthopaedic etc)

they even have business cards

sounds dodgy to me tbh, somebody at work reckons its legit and they just want rid before going back to the depot??

Serious question, but did they sound Irish ?

Archived