I will NOT be filling in my Census!!

Still, most people fill it in because they are told to and are afraid of weak threats of being fined. This is how most dictatorships begin.:)

I think you'll find most dictatorships begin with a coup d'état, revolution or civil war, I've not heard of one coming to power because people refused to fill out a census form.

I agree - we all want things form the government, or society, or call it what you want. So what is the problem providing a bit of information about your lifestyle>

No problem, but it should be your free choice whether or not you wish to provide such information. Threats of fines and legal action are tantamount to bullying are they not?

I think you'll find most dictatorships begin with a coup d'état, revolution or civil war, I've not heard of one coming to power because people refused to fill out a census form.

That's because you believe everything you are told by the media.:)

If the government wanted all round co-operation with the census, they shouildn't have privatised it and allowed ther Arms manufacturers Lockheed Martin to get the profits from it. Hardly enhances the image of the census being politically neutral."Do what you are told whilst having our ideology pushed in your face at the same time" They seem to say. I went straight to the section headed "Would you like us to stick this form up our collective jacksie." and ticked "Yes."

No problem, but it should be your free choice whether or not you wish to provide such information. Threats of fines and legal action are tantamount to bullying are they not?

You do have a choice - fill it in or get a fine.

It's all part of living in a society - you know, following the rules

You can drive at 50 in a 30 zone, but you'll get a fine if you get caught. Is this bullying?

It's all part of living in a society - you know, following the rules

You'll still be living in a society if you break the rules. Look at Tony Blair. He led the counrtry into an illegal war, and....come to think of it, your right, he lives in a private estate with armed guards.

No, this is road safety.:roll:

I'm simply making the point that there are lots of laws covering all kinds of things that you have to comply with (having a TV license, completing tax returns, abiding by traffic laws, etc, etc). You might not like them, and you can choose to ignore them if you want, but if you do, you might get prosecuted.

As I said, it's part of living in a society. Accept it, try to have the law changed, or go live elsewhere.

Archived