I will NOT be filling in my Census!!

Different questions are asked for different reasons, one of the main purposes of the census is to get information on population and who make up that population, when you see figures like how many people live in Sheffield, or how many people stay in education past 16 it all comes from this, so asking your race is just part of this, it all helps and it's important stuff to know because somewhere, someday, it'll make a difference to you.

It's nothing to do with race though is it? Does it really matter what colour the people of Sheffield are and should any government policy be determined by race? Surely everyone should be treated equally regardless of their colour.

Strange, I don't find any method of form filling under duress to be convenient.

Did you find it inconvenient to fill in your details to join this forum?

or inconvenient to post 1,275 post's in the three months you've been on the forum?

Not sure which is sadder you moaning about filling in a form what's designed to help communities and help with the history of your family tree, or you posting so much drivel in three months. :hihi:

Takes 5 mins on line I don't know what all the fuss is about:confused:

I agree, the online version is done is a matter of minutes.

I believe people complain for the sake of it, prolly cause they got nothing better to do with their boring lives.

But most people comply with sending the census form back. it's only a few conspiracy types who seem to have an issue with it.

There's nothing crackpot about not wishing to be compelled to do something which, not only is nothing to do with safety and societal well being, but also completely pointless since the information has already been given at some point or another.

Threatening people with a fine for something like the census just creates resentment since it needlessly reinforces the "master - slave" dynamic. That inevitably leads to passive aggressive behaviour, such as filling the form out with crap to "show them who's boss".

If you want people to co-operate, you need to minimise that resentment.

What's to resent? We were asked to fill in some simple questions and send them back in a freepost envelope. damn this pesky government dictating to me like this. Get it in perspective. We've not been conscripted to build a railway bridge with nothing but our bare hands or forced to bear children against our will. We had to tick some boxes

What's to resent? We were asked to fill in some simple questions and send them back in a freepost envelope. damn this pesky government dictating to me like this. Get it in perspective. We've not been conscripted to build a railway bridge with nothing but our bare hands or forced to bear children against our will. We had to tick some boxes

It's not my place to say whether the resentment is rational, given what the census may be used for, I'm just saying if the government wants more co-operation on these things it shouldn't THREATEN people. They should be educating people about all the benefits of completing it.

Threatening people, saying "you must do this or you will be fined", when there's no obvious reason to do so, just awakens that passive aggressive mentality we all have within us.

No, we were not asked.

EDIT: Or perhaps we were; in the same way that a mugger may point a gun at you, and ask for your wallet.

It's nothing to do with race though is it? Does it really matter what colour the people of Sheffield are and should any government policy be determined by race?

Since some racial groups are more susceptable to certain illness, it doesn't seem at all inapproriate to ask for racial information.

Surely everyone should be treated equally regardless of their colour.

Indeed, for services to cater for the differences that race brings to the table, they need to know about the races of the people they intend to provide services for.

It is not intrusive or menacing. You sound like a student on his tenth joint, can in hand talking about how "we're all in the matrix man". Absolutely hilarious. The state can find out anything it wants about you personally if it wants to damage you but guess what? This is so HMG can plan ahead and has an idea of what society looks like. You were educated by the state and have your health provided by the state as well as the rest. Get a grip.

Not intrusive? So they're not asking for any information from me? Not menacing? As in not threatening to take £1,000 from me, if I do not comply?

I'm happy to learn you find my post amusing. Looking at your previous posts on this forum, I feel quite sure that your disapproval is a good thing.

Thank you for being you.

It's not my place to say whether the resentment is rational, given what the census may be used for, I'm just saying if the government wants more co-operation on these things it shouldn't THREATEN people. They should be educating people about all the benefits of completing it.

Threatening people, saying "you must do this or you will be fined", when there's no obvious reason to do so, just awakens that passive aggressive mentality we all have within us.

You can attempt to educate online or in the media to your hearts content but if people prefer to believe 3rd rate newspapers or gossip there is little you can do. When the door knockers come round(start April 6th) they'll attempt to educate people on a personal level.

Archived