I will NOT be filling in my Census!!

I threw ours in the bin, the last one i did i was living with my mum and dad and we all put our religion as "Jedi" :)

Because you filled it in online? If not, I'm rather surprised at a moderator being so open about breaking the law. Still, I'm not complaining. Your fine will pay the wages of a nurse for a couple of weeks!:)

http://liberalconspiracy.org/2011/02/21/dont-boycott-the-census/

Interesting article here. One London borough has estimated that councils lose around £22,000 in funding over 10 years for each person who doesn't complete the census.

That'll show em, eh?!:|

If that is the case then maybe the law needs changing so that the ONS can release the info to the local councils and ensure that the addresses who didn't fill in the census don't get the sevices or benefits.

I suppose technically they are not giving away the information on the forms if the forms are not returned.

If that is the case then maybe the law needs changing so that the ONS can release the info to the local councils and ensure that the addresses who didn't fill in the census don't get the sevices or benefits.

I suppose technically they are not giving away the information on the forms if the forms are not returned.

Excellent idea!:D

I suspect the £22,000 figure is a little on the high side, but Sheffield will lose out financially because of people not completing their forms. It seems very selfish and self indulgent to me. People want the benefits of society without the responsibilities. Whenever I hear someone bragging about chucking their form away I think of Harry Enfield's Kevin. "It's not fair! I don't want to fill my form in!":(

I've got a number of illegal people claiming benefits and living under my roof. Do I need to include these on my cencus form?

It is about accuracy, however would what I put on the form land me in trouble with the law?

Also, if I admit to cultivating canabis as a form of 2nd income, would I then be forced to pay income tax on these undeclared earning?

You don't see coercion by our democratic government as a problem?

Another one that doesn't get that a democratic government shouldn't force you to fill in a form (especially when all/most of the information requested is already in their hands).

Though by choice rather than under threat of some sort of penalty.

This argument intrigues me as coercion by a democratic government is as old as democracy, it's called the law. If you don't comply you get punished. Unless you're a wild eyed anarchist with a fantasy of lawless, peaceful life then you agree with this anyway.

If you believe the state knows everything then why object to the census? The truth is the state is not some omnipresent all seeing eye. Different departments know certain facts yes. The logistical side now wants a basic overview of the state of the nation to address the nations needs. Why do grown adults find that suspicious or a cause for rebellion? Again, are you proposing to become Grizzly Adams woodsmen anti state types living off the land as exist in the USA? Thought not so don't be a hypocritical.

I've got a number of illegal people claiming benefits and living under my roof. Do I need to include these on my cencus form?

It is about accuracy, however would what I put on the form land me in trouble with the law?

Also, if I admit to cultivating canabis as a form of 2nd income, would I then be forced to pay income tax on these undeclared earning?

With regard to the illegals the ONS don't know that they are illegal so why would you get in trouble with the law? The only way you could get in trouble is if the census collector saw them and grassed you up to the police. The moral being fill in the form and avoid having a collector come round. Same with the cannabis.

As I said earlier, the collector is not bothered if you fill it in or not, they get paid to knock on your door, and will explain what they have been trained to advise you what the benefit of the form is for.

This will happen from April 6 onwards, three attempts will be made to contact you, or if you give a flat refusal it will then go to the next stage. Which will be a non compliance collector after that, that's where the threat of cour action comes into play with the possibility of a fine and court costs (remember each visit costs money)

All persuasion will be persued of course before court action, so if that does happen it will be a clear cut case of non compliance to fill in a document required by law.

Failure then to pay the fine will give you a possible few days in jail and a bad credit score, just because you don't want to write your name etc.

Archived