I will NOT be filling in my Census!!

On Tuesday I went to put our form into a postbox in town which was being emptied at the time. Most of the envelopes that the postman put into the sack were purple and white - very obviously census replies. Looks like lots of people, like me, are complying.

As someone with a bank account, credit card, clubcard, library card, and listings in the electoral register & phonebook, filling in the census doesn't seem strange to me. I'm also interested in genealogy, and use past censii for research. Perhaps someone will use this one to trace my family in 100 years!

http://liberalconspiracy.org/2011/02...tt-the-census/

Interesting article here. One London borough has estimated that councils lose around £22,000 in funding over 10 years for each person who doesn't complete the census.

That'll show em, eh?!

It's also used to allocate funding - Cardiff apparently has lost out on £85 million over the last 10 years because thousands didn't fill out the census in 2001!!!

What I said on page 11!!!!! :) :)

Have you filled yours in and sent it sccsux?

Nope.:thumbsup:

it's called the law..

Yes, and laws change (often by mass civil disobedience).

If you believe the state knows everything then why object to the census?

£170,000,000 to a private company to collate data that they already have unfettered access to.

Different departments know certain facts yes. The logistical side now wants a basic overview of the state of the nation to address the nations needs.

Which it can get from the various departments.

Why do grown adults find that suspicious or a cause for rebellion?

Past experience.

Failure then to pay the fine will give you a possible few days in jail and a bad credit score

Ooooooh. Scary:rolleyes:

Nope.:thumbsup:

Yes, and laws change (often by mass civil disobedience).

£170,000,000 to a private company to collate data that they already have unfettered access to.

Which it can get from the various departments.

Past experience.

Ooooooh. Scary:rolleyes:

A private company with strong links to one that supplies people to kidnap, torture and sometimes kill. A private company with srong links to a company that deals in arms to help perpetuate war across the planet.

Facts which a lot of you seem totally unconcerned about!

I threw ours in the bin, the last one i did i was living with my mum and dad and we all put our religion as "Jedi" :)

How hilarious, were you just trying to be different or are you as simple as that statement makes you sound :)

A private company with strong links to one that supplies people to kidnap, torture and sometimes kill. A private company with srong links to a company that deals in arms to help perpetuate war across the planet.

Facts which a lot of you seem totally unconcerned about!

A private company which built the Hubble Space Telescope, which has revolutionised our understanding of the universe and contributed vast amounts to the sum of human knowledge. Another fact that a lot of people seem unconcerned about.

As I said earlier, the collector is not bothered if you fill it in or not, they get paid to knock on your door, and will explain what they have been trained to advise you what the benefit of the form is for.

This will happen from April 6 onwards, three attempts will be made to contact you, or if you give a flat refusal it will then go to the next stage. Which will be a non compliance collector after that, that's where the threat of cour action comes into play with the possibility of a fine and court costs (remember each visit costs money)

All persuasion will be persued of course before court action, so if that does happen it will be a clear cut case of non compliance to fill in a document required by law.

Failure then to pay the fine will give you a possible few days in jail and a bad credit score, just because you don't want to write your name etc.

Out of interest how does not filling a census form in translate to a degredation of a credit score?

A private company which built the Hubble Space Telescope, which has revolutionised our understanding of the universe and contributed vast amounts to the sum of human knowledge. Another fact that a lot of people seem unconcerned about.

:o:o...You mean it wasn't Brian Cox? :hihi:

Does what you say outweigh the "other" business then?

Archived