I will NOT be filling in my Census!!

Out of interest how does not filling a census form in translate to a degredation of a credit score?

I would imagine by not paying the fine, never had one, so i'm probably wrong with making that part of the statement.

Yes, and laws change (often by mass civil disobedience).

Which it can get from the various departments.

They sometimes do yes, the last one I'm aware of was the poll tax. If anyone tried to organise a demo against the census we know what the result would be. A few of the dog on a string brigade who think purple hair scares the government.

Can they get info from various departments just like that? It seems not or they would not be spending cash on running the census. That's blindingly obvious isn't it?

In short the poster who has explained how much cash councils lose by census avoidance sums it up. There is no intelligent answer to boycotting the census in the light of that information. You and others like you who seem to model yourselves on Wolfie Smith just cost the people a lot of money. Very wise.

It's funny actually. Waiting at the bus stop earlier on I noticed the map on there was partially obscured by a sticker. The sticker had a slogan printed on it

"welcome to CCTV nation. New World Order!"

I laughed inside thinking it served as a metaphor for the whole trendy conspiracy/anti state mentality that's become so fashionable in the last ten years. The self obsessed dimwit has decided to help warn the people by obscuring very useful map. Says it all really.

Watching Crimawatch last night and seeing images of murder suspects being broadcast to the nation I wondered how many crimes would never be solved were it not for CCTV and DNA. Delroy Grant being the latest serious criminal who's got away with it for years until DNA caught up with him.

In short the poster who has explained how much cash councils lose by census avoidance sums it up.

Ask yourself why this is the last census. It's because they can already get the info from elsewhere.

Again, I will not be threatened by a democratic government to hand over personal details to a private company. If the government need this information so badly, then they should ask me for it, as opposed to demanding I hand it over to a third party.

Ask yourself why this is the last census. It's because they can already get the info from elsewhere.

Again, I will not be threatened by a democratic government to hand over personal details to a private company. If the government need this information so badly, then they should ask me for it, as opposed to demanding I hand it over to a third party.

They can get in in the future but not now obviously.

They are not threatening you and to say so makes you sound like you're in the student union. You'll be quoting the parrot sketch next.

I agree it should not be a third party but this is not Greece under the Generals. So again you have cost a lot of people a lot of money. Secondly you seem to think democracy means picking and choosing to comply with laws or rules. Why not have options on where your tax money goes too? I mean why not just do exactly as you please and start nicking cars and stuff, after all why should a democratic government be allowed to threaten you if you drive off in your neighbours BMW?

Ask yourself why this is the last census.

Is it? Source?

The only thing I've heard is that it could be the last paper based census - moving to totally online for the next one.

Anyway, the whole thing wouldn't cost so much money if they didn't have to pay people to come out and remind the stubborn. And that's all anyone who doesn't fill it in when they have the choice is, because they will fill it in eventually.

but not now obviously.

So the govt. cant access their own electoral registers?

So the govt. can't access their own births & deaths registers?

So the govt. can't access DVLA information?

So the govt. can't access info from their education depts?

So the govt. can't access info from their own tax offices?

So the govt. can't access info from their own benefits agencies?

So the govt. can't access their own land registries?

Right, so this is the last census, providing the Tories win the next two general elections and still want to save money, and don't get argued into continuing it, and they decide that it's bad value for money. And if they do scrap it, he wants to run more regular censuses, just not under the name "census".

I shall expect to fill another census in in 2021.

Edit:

And that source is even more flimsy - a bloke called Guy who predicted 9 years ago this will be the last :hihi:

Archived