I will NOT be filling in my Census!!

So the govt. cant access their own electoral registers?

So the govt. can't access their own births & deaths registers?

So the govt. can't access DVLA information?

So the govt. can't access info from their education depts?

So the govt. can't access info from their own tax offices?

So the govt. can't access info from their own benefits agencies?

So the govt. can't access their own land registries?

I don't want to sound funny but if one of my mates in the pub came back with a reply of this calibre I'd call him a simple simon or Trigger. I won't call you those because I know some people on here are very sensitive. It's plain common sense that it is at present more economical to do the census right now in the traditional way or they would be doing what you suggest already. They would not waste millions on it unless they had to. How more simple do you want it?:huh:

A private company which built the Hubble Space Telescope, which has revolutionised our understanding of the universe and contributed vast amounts to the sum of human knowledge. Another fact that a lot of people seem unconcerned about.

Well that must make it ok to kill people for profit then; lot knowledge first-hand what Depleted Uranium rounds do to the human body and tomahawk missiles.

Perhaps ethics and morality go out the window when it comes to scientific advancement, on the same note you can thank Nazi scientists for their work on G force/gravity pressures on the human body (test subjects) with which knowledge, putting people in space became possible shortly after.

you can acknowledge benefits (I'd agree with the above comment) but it is disturbing that for some that means it is ok to murder people.

Suppose it is a choice to ignore facts and common sense that challenges a world view or simply interpret them as one wishes.

A private company which built the Hubble Space Telescope, which has revolutionised our understanding of the universe and contributed vast amounts to the sum of human knowledge. Another fact that a lot of people seem unconcerned about.

Wow, how could the human race continue to exist without the hubble telescope and all the knowledge it has given us!?:loopy:

I finally filled in mine today...well after I'd requested a replacement...for the sheer inconvenience of it.

And Oh what mischief I have made on it. :hihi:

Question H4....who is staying overnight on 27 March.....they missed out an option so I made a new one....."complete randoms brought back from the pub"....which I ticked.

Question H5....how many visitors and don't forget to fill in the visitors bit on the back.....I indicated that 1 person stayed....a la method in previous question but I was too "busy" to ask him to fill in his bit of the form.

Visitor Questions

Visitor A....the complete random brought back from the Pub.

His name.....err Philip (I think)....no other information given - apart from where it asks about sex...I put yes he had a lot of sex....and age...I said don't know but he was very pretty.

Visitor B....I said his friend declined so no Visitor B

Visitor C....I said "I am not superwoman"....no Visitor C.

They included my name on the envelope they sent me...then they ask me for it 3 times...I added a note asking them if they were "special". One time I wrote it upside down.

They ask where I was born...I said England...they ask my nationality...I said English...they ask what language I speak...I asked them to take a wild guess and put English...they then ask if you speak English...I ticked "not at all" with a note saying "you started it" :hihi:

Question 17 is left intentionally blank...so I wrote.."it was left blank so I could doodle in it. What would you like me to doodle..anything? I'm good at doodling...go on ask me. I can doodle trees, flowers and puppies....Oh bugger...no room.

And of course...I black penned over all the bar codes.

It will be in the post tomorrow...happy manual processing Lockheed Martin. :cool::D

*edit...truth being I was at home sad and lonely on the night in question...still I was having rampant sex in my head :lol:

I finally filled in mine today...well after I'd requested a replacement...for the sheer inconvenience of it.

Question H4....who is staying overnight on 27 March.....they missed out an option so I made a new one....."complete randoms brought back from the pub"....which I ticked.

Question H5....how many visitors and don't forget to fill in the visitors bit on the back.....I indicated that 1 person stayed....a la method in previous question but I was too "busy" to ask him to fill in his bit of the form.

Visitor Questions

Visitor A....the complete random brought back from the Pub.

His name.....err Philip (I think)....no other information given - apart from where it asks about sex...I put yes he had a lot of sex....and age...I said don't know but he was very pretty.

Visitor B....I said his friend declined so no Visitor B

Visitor C....I said "I am not superwoman"....no Visitor C.

They included my name on the envelope they sent me...then they ask me for it 3 times...I added a note asking them if they were "special". One time I wrote it upside down.

They ask where I was born...I said England...they ask my nationality...I said English...they ask what language I speak...I asked them to take a wild guess and put English...they then ask if you speak English...I ticked "not at all" with a note saying "you started it" :hihi:

Question 17 is left intentionally blank...so I wrote.."it was left blank so I could doodle in it. What would you like me to doodle..anything? I'm good at doodling...go on ask me. I can doodle trees, flowers and puppies....Oh bugger...no room.

And of course...I black penned over all the bar codes.

It will be in the post tomorrow...happy manual processing Lockheed Martin. :cool::D

*edit...truth being I was at home sad and lonely on the night in question...still I was having rampant sex in my head :lol:

How original. Student classics of yesteryear.

Mrs Spooner - You don't fool me!

You should've put 'replete condoms which I brought back from the pub.'

Then added millions to the census form.

Think of all the postal votes you could get?:hihi::hihi::hihi:

As I said earlier, the collector is not bothered if you fill it in or not, they get paid to knock on your door, and will explain what they have been trained to advise you what the benefit of the form is for.

This will happen from April 6 onwards, three attempts will be made to contact you, or if you give a flat refusal it will then go to the next stage. Which will be a non compliance collector after that, that's where the threat of cour action comes into play with the possibility of a fine and court costs (remember each visit costs money)Not to the court it doesn't each visit may well create a charge, that's not the same thing. Never forget that's not a court of justice your talkng about its a business designed to create a profit.

All persuasion will be persued of course before court action, so if that does happen it will be a clear cut case of non compliance to fill in a document required by law.

Failure then to pay the fine will give you a possible few days in jail and a bad credit score, just because you don't want to write your name etc.

Why does your post make me think of; sheep, nazi's, children, preachers and overseers?

Could you point out the law please? How does me not filling in the census possibly constitute an unlawful act?

I don't want to sound funny but if one of my mates in the pub came back with a reply of this calibre I'd call him a simple simon or Trigger. I won't call you those because I know some people on here are very sensitive. It's plain common sense that it is at present more economical to do the census right now in the traditional way or they would be doing what you suggest already. They would not waste millions on it unless they had to. How more simple do you want it?:huh:

Please don't ever try and credit the government with having common sense.

His reply was spot on. Millions and millions of £'s to ask questions that are already answered, and available with little or no checking to see if the answers are false? that'd pay a nurses salary for a few months.

Here's a really good question.. Why do they have to?

...And that source is even more flimsy - a bloke called Guy who predicted 9 years ago this will be the last :hihi:

Well there was a bloke called Guy about 406 years ago who had the answer to all of your problems.

He was the last man to enter Parliament with an honest intent.

Archived