I will NOT be filling in my Census!!

Please don't ever try and credit the government with having common sense.

His reply was spot on. Millions and millions of £'s to ask questions that are already answered, and available with little or no checking to see if the answers are false? that'd pay a nurses salary for a few months.

Here's a really good question.. Why do they have to?

If you don't know why they have to I'm amazed. Again, the state has a mass of resources that can be distributed around the UK. Where they prioritise is dictated by the census. The 'wise' self obsessed conspiracy theorists on here do nothing more than damage this process and cost all of us in resources. We should thank them for being so clever on our behalf.:loopy:

I'm with you on this one. It's not just central government who use these stats: local authorities really need them for planning for health & education for example. Researchers in academia use them too and they are often questioning, challenging and suggesting policy errors and change needed. Opposition parties need them for the same reason.

Best not to take it as a personal interrogation or feel the need to justify your religious beliefs. They're just numbers & they help in ways you might not imagine.

Again, the state has a mass of resources that can be distributed around the UK.

Again, the "state" can already access all the info requested on the census form.

The 'wise' self obsessed conspiracy theorists on here do nothing more than damage this process and cost all of us in resources

What are the conspiracy theories that the "self obsessed conspiracy theorists on here" are posting?

We should thank them for being so clever on our behalf.

If you haven't got the intelligence to think for yourself then you need someone to do your thinking for you.

Again, the "state" can already access all the info requested on the census form.

What are the conspiracy theories that the "self obsessed conspiracy theorists on here" are posting?

If you haven't got the intelligence to think for yourself then you need someone to do your thinking for you.

As you seem to know more about what the state can do than the state it's a pity you're not in government.:hihi:

The conspiracy theory is that if you give the state too much info it will somehow manipulate your life or a fascist government will take over. That is the usual backbone to anti census types. If you don't even believe in that lot then there is even less reason to refuse to fill it in.:huh:

Yes the 'sheeple' need the prophets in the wilderness to lead them don't they? Having read '1984' and watched 'The Matrix' and 'Loose Change' they have the right ideas.:loopy:

I'm with you on this one. It's not just central government who use these stats: local authorities really need them for planning for health & education for example. Researchers in academia use them too and they are often questioning, challenging and suggesting policy errors and change needed. Opposition parties need them for the same reason.

Best not to take it as a personal interrogation or feel the need to justify your religious beliefs. They're just numbers & they help in ways you might not imagine.

Exactly, the census refusers are self obsessed. Let me spell it out lads you're not important just a statistic.

The conspiracy theory is that if you give the state too much info it will somehow manipulate your life or a fascist government will take over. That is the usual backbone to anti census types. If you don't even believe in that lot then there is even less reason to refuse to fill it in.:huh

And where have I subscribed to such a theory (my issue is with the threat of financial penalty attached to non-compliance)?

Having read '1984' and watched 'The Matrix' and 'Loose Change' they have the right ideas.:loopy:

I haven't read "1984" nor seen any of the "Matrix" films and the only "Loose Change" I know of are the few coppers that are in my pockets. So I don't understand your (non) point.

Exactly, the census refusers are self obsessed. Let me spell it out lads you're not important just a statistic.

Correction, Anyone who fills in the census is a statistic.:hihi:

Those that do not are strong willed and know their rights, usualy natural leader types that hold important positions in society.:)

Correction, Anyone who fills in the census is a statistic.:hihi:

Those that do not are strong willed and know their rights, usualy natural leader types that hold important positions in society.:)

This confirms what I suspected, that you are not as sharp as you think you are. I meant exactly that, anyone who fills it in is a statistic to them therefore there is no problem.

I am totally convinced however that you are a natural leader who holds a responsible position in society. That's why most people don't agree with you and you are being very irresponsible. Your merely cost people resources.

And where have I subscribed to such a theory (my issue is with the threat of financial penalty attached to non-compliance)?

I haven't read "1984" nor seen any of the "Matrix" films and the only "Loose Change" I know of are the few coppers that are in my pockets. So I don't understand your (non) point.

My point is perfectly valid and you understand it unless you are dim. The fact you are not refusing based on ideology or principle but on some spoilt brat folded arms refusal makes you even more ridiculous.

I think you've hit the nail on the head though. I suggest that you go out today and non comply with lots of things that incur a financial penalty. Go driving around in front of the Police with your mobile, ride through some red lights on your bike and swear and shout in front of them. Please, go on, you'll be teaching 'the system' real good.:hihi:

This confirms what I suspected, that you are not as sharp as you think you are. I meant exactly that, anyone who fills it in is a statistic to them therefore there is no problem.

I am totally convinced however that you are a natural leader who holds a responsible position in society. That's why most people don't agree with you and you are being very irresponsible. Your merely cost people resources.

Just as I suspected, you are much less sharp than I think I am. The census costs people resources, not people like me.:)

Archived