I will NOT be filling in my Census!!

Not respecting other people's opinions? Amazing, truly amazing. I do respect other people's opinions on big subjects like politics where there are huge grey areas to be discussed. You and scux etc don't have respectable opinions on this issue. They are childish and the equivalent of me walking around in big clown shoes then wondering why no one thinks they look stylish.

You have potentially cost this city resources, what is there to be respected about that?

What right do you have to prove childish points that nobody notices but can do damage? No right at all and that's why I don't respect your opinion. Where in this do you show that you have your own mind? Do you think you are Joan of Arc because your refused to fill in a census? Come on! If you want to be respected for that you have to do something serious. Jesus.

You don't think that getting a criminal record is a serious thing? You don't think a £1000 fine is serious in these cash strapped times? What would you consider serious? Nothing short of throwing yourself under a horse at the Derby races perhaps? For some reason you don't even think that making a personal stand against the state is political- I can't understand you're thinking here I'm afraid. Those clown shoes of yours must surely be a good fit.

It's a very easy thing to just do as you're told and not to question, either through ignorance or apathy, the orders of the elites. Making a stand as a matter of conscience or principle is a brave and historically effective way of taking a stand against something that you understand to be immoral, dangerous or unjust. To not make a stand, when you truly believe something is unjust doesn't just make you a coward it makes you a monster, as the moderate Germans of the 1930's & 40's discovered.

Lockheed Martin is the largest defence contractor in the US whose products have exploded all over the Middle East causing untold misery to hundreds of thousands of people. I've never caused that kind of misery to even one person. Here's another nice fact about them:

Lockheed "ranks number one on the 'contractor misconduct' database maintained by the Project on Government Oversight, a Washington-DC-based watchdog group." Since 1995, the company has agreed to pay $577 million to settle fifty-four instances of misconduct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin#Lobbying

I've never had to pay even a penny to settle with someone for an account of misconduct against me.

If a salesman turned up on my door step with these credentials on his card I'd refuse to deal with him and so would you if you were a rational person. So please explain to me again why I should lose £1000 of my hard earned money, gain a criminal record and potentially end up in prison for refusing to pay because I've happened to do a bit of research into the corporation that will soon turn up on my doorstep and decided that I definately don't want to give them personal details about myself. If the census was organised by the UK civil service then perhaps I would be more amenable.

Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.

George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

:hihi: I know what your saying.;)

In my opinion I am right. I am right in my opinions. We can play games all day.

This debate is so basic I know I am right in that I also know I am right that China exists or that we breathe air. The government issues a form every few years to work out how many people are in the UK and where. Then oddballs who believe the state has no right to coerce like you refuse to fill it in. What more is there?

What you don't understand is I disagree passionately with say Michael Howard but I respect him for being a fighter for his beliefs. You on the other hand believe you are above being coerced and talk rubbish. Your mask came off the other day when you said that I like most people am 'brainwashed'. How can you say extreme rubbish like that and take yourself seriously?

You don't think that getting a criminal record is a serious thing? You don't think a £1000 fine is serious in these cash strapped times? What would you consider serious? Nothing short of throwing yourself under a horse at the Derby races perhaps? For some reason you don't even think that making a personal stand against the state is political- I can't understand you're thinking here I'm afraid. Those clown shoes of yours must surely be a good fit.

It's a very easy thing to just do as you're told and not to question, either through ignorance or apathy, the orders of the elites. Making a stand as a matter of conscience or principle is a brave and historically effective way of taking a stand against something that you understand to be immoral, dangerous or unjust. To not make a stand, when you truly believe something is unjust doesn't just make you a coward it makes you a monster, as the moderate Germans of the 1930's & 40's discovered.

Lockheed Martin is the largest defence contractor in the US whose products have exploded all over the Middle East causing untold misery to hundreds of thousands of people. I've never caused that kind of misery to even one person. Here's another nice fact about them:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_Martin#Lobbying

I've never had to pay even a penny to settle with someone for an account of misconduct against me.

If a salesman turned up on my door step with these credentials on his card I'd refuse to deal with him and so would you if you were a rational person. So please explain to me again why I should lose £1000 of my hard earned money, gain a criminal record and potentially end up in prison for refusing to pay because I've happened to do a bit of research into the corporation that will soon turn up on my doorstep and decided that I definately don't want to give them personal details about myself. If the census was organised by the UK civil service then perhaps I would be more amenable.

Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.

George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

If Simple Simon doesn't want to get fined fill the form in. Is that good enough for you?

Before you pigeonhole me take note of my reference to the poll tax and being a union rep. If I were a miner in 1984 I'd be on strike too. Refusing to fill in the census is just childish pure and simple.

This debate is so basic I know I am right in that I also know I am right that China exists or that we breathe air. The government issues a form every few years to work out how many people are in the UK and where. Then oddballs who believe the state has no right to coerce like you refuse to fill it in. What more is there?

What you don't understand is I disagree passionately with say Michael Howard but I respect him for being a fighter for his beliefs. You on the other hand believe you are above being coerced and talk rubbish. Your mask came off the other day when you said that I like most people am 'brainwashed'. How can you say extreme rubbish like that and take yourself seriously?

I've not looked back but did he really say your brainwashed?

Bit funny that, cos all them crazy theorists in the 9/11 thread said the same about everyone else, saying that the government and even the MEDIA brainwashed people into thinking it was all a terrorist attack!

Again, you still don't look very clever. I missed a bracket off, oh damn look, you didn't put a capital 'I' in the word "I'd"... awkward....

Well spotted.:)

If people are forced to fill in the census under threat of being fined, wont that breed resentment and encourage false data? Will it not render the whole thing a farse?

I've not looked back but did he really say your brainwashed?

Bit funny that, cos all them crazy theorists in the 9/11 thread said the same about everyone else, saying that the government and even the MEDIA brainwashed people into thinking it was all a terrorist attack!

354 but here are the intellectual one's great words:

"That is because you, like many others, are blinkered. It is not your fault, you have been conditioned since childhood to think and behave in a way that the government want. I hate to be the one to have to tell you this, but you are what's known as "brainwashed".

What part of that is not insane?

Well spotted.:)

If people are forced to fill in the census under threat of being fined, wont that breed resentment and encourage false data? Will it not render the whole thing a farse?

That's not your decision to make. Most people don't get upset about it like you. Maybe it was your upbringing.

In my opinion I am right. So where does that leave you?

Archived