I will NOT be filling in my Census!!

In my opinion I am right. So where does that leave you?

I know I am right and know most would agree with me. It leaves me feeling superior to paper tiger revolutionaries like you. Annoyed and amazed that grown adults can be that immature. Puzzled as to why you are not yet on your flight to Somalia.

354 proves you are mad to anyone following this debate, strange you can't see that.

I think what this may come down to is the pathetic 'man' thinks it won't affect him or benefit him in any way, which means he doesn't care about society and thinks only people who it affects should take part. I take part because my future depends on it, especially in these times where I'm a student, no job, lacking in experience and depending on £30 a week (which is getting scrapped) to get me to and from college, as well as paying for study books, food etc. Obviously it wasn't down to me, it was down to the household owner - my parents - but I still did it, as they're out working all day and night and didn't have time.

It's about not caring, he simply doesn't care what happens to him, or anyone else, or society, or peoples futures.

I think what this may come down to is the pathetic 'man' thinks it won't affect him or benefit him in any way, which means he doesn't care about society and thinks only people who it affects should take part. I take part because my future depends on it, especially in these times where I'm a student, no job, lacking in experience and depending on £30 a week (which is getting scrapped) to get me to and from college, as well as paying for study books, food etc. Obviously it wasn't down to me, it was down to the household owner - my parents - but I still did it, as they're out working all day and night and didn't have time.

It's about not caring, he simply doesn't care what happens to him, or anyone else, or society, or peoples futures.

He's probably some middle class type who has so cosy a life he sees things in abstract chin stroking terms as opposed to real life. It probably hasn't crossed his peanut that with the government we have it's even more important to stake a claim to resources since they'll be looking for any excuse not to allocate. Oliver Letwin this week showed just how seriously cabinet members take Sheffielders needs.

354 but here are the intellectual one's great words:

"That is because you, like many others, are blinkered. It is not your fault, you have been conditioned since childhood to think and behave in a way that the government want. I hate to be the one to have to tell you this, but you are what's known as "brainwashed".

What part of that is not insane?

That's actually cringe worthy.

I don't know where I'd start with that. Just because they're telling us to take part in something to help them help us that makes us some kind of government shaped robots that just follow every command?

The fine makes no difference to me personally, it just makes me remember to fill it in and get it in on time, probably the same with most busy people. I/we fill it in because I want to, and because it could change things around here.

That's not your decision to make. Most people don't get upset about it like you. Maybe it was your upbringing.

Obviously it is my decision to make. I am not filling in the census so I am not upset. You seem upset, is this because deep down you know you are being forced to do something against your will? That would upset me too.:)

The upbringing think was realy weak by the way, you seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel.:(

If Simple Simon doesn't want to get fined fill the form in. Is that good enough for you?

Before you pigeonhole me take note of my reference to the poll tax and being a union rep. If I were a miner in 1984 I'd be on strike too. Refusing to fill in the census is just childish pure and simple.

Your lack of ability in critical thinking is truly astounding to behold.

It seems political stands to you are only valid if they're shown on mainstream media and consist of a large crowd waving banners.

Thankfully there are a few budding 'Rosa Parks' out there who quietly and individually take a stand when they see through certain injustices in the system and don't rely on the media telling them that it's ok for them to do it.

That's actually cringe worthy.

I don't know where I'd start with that. Just because they're telling us to take part in something to help them help us that makes us some kind of government shaped robots that just follow every command?

The fine makes no difference to me personally, it just makes me remember to fill it in and get it in on time, probably the same with most busy people. I/we fill it in because I want to, and because it could change things around here.

The funny thing is it's usually young people who are accused of having extreme views. In this case it's a total role reversal. Strange how something so simple can be seen to be so complicated.

Your lack of ability in critical thinking is truly astounding to behold.

It seems political stands to you are only valid if they're shown on mainstream media and consist of a large crowd waving banners.

Thankfully there are a few budding 'Rosa Parks' out there who quietly and individually take a stand when they see through certain injustices in the system and don't rely on the media telling them that it's ok for them to do it.

Has anyone ever voted for you? Have you ever saved somebody's job? Thought not do don't lecture me.

I respect taking a stand, how is refusing to fill in a sodding census taking a stance? What do you think of his post 354? Wise words?

He's probably some middle class type who has so cosy a life he sees things in abstract chin stroking terms as opposed to real life. It probably hasn't crossed his peanut that with the government we have it's even more important to stake a claim to resources since they'll be looking for any excuse not to allocate. Oliver Letwin this week showed just how seriously cabinet members take Sheffielders needs.

Exactly, I'm not even in on politics or anything like that, I do watch though, put the news on, read about what's happening etc etc but I see the census as a separate thing, the government use the info from the census to make decisions, simple as that. It affects each and every single person in the UK therefore they should all take part.

I know the census is mainly for population, and who makes up that population, but to say it's done every 10 years I think it should be slightly more detailed. Again, just opinion, everyone has there's, but some are just a smidge bit pathetic/crazy/mad/etc

Exactly, I'm not even in on politics or anything like that, I do watch though, put the news on, read about what's happening etc etc but I see the census as a separate thing, the government use the info from the census to make decisions, simple as that. It affects each and every single person in the UK therefore they should all take part.

I know the census is mainly for population, and who makes up that population, but to say it's done every 10 years I think it should be slightly more detailed. Again, just opinion, everyone has there's, but some are just a smidge bit pathetic/crazy/mad/etc

Well you sound pretty balanced to me and balance is the key word in life. My only advice I can give you at the age of 35 is on big issues look at a range of sources and opinions. That's exactly what conspiracy theorists and revolutionary types don't do. They all feed off each other and take each other further down a path of madness while the rest of the world just shakes their heads.

Archived