I will NOT be filling in my Census!!

Theory or ideology? Who cares, it is an irrational suspicion of the state from too much Orwell and Kafka or Matrix and Loose Change for the lesser ideologues.

Shame, I'd love to teach armchair revolutionaries a lesson as they rant on about the 'sheeple' and the twin towers. All you lot have done is simply damaged the council's case for more resources. Do you think that is a price worth paying for your case? I'd also like to know why you stay in the UK and don't just move off to Somalia?

FIRSTLY, STOP INSULTING THE MATRIX. Its a damn fine film with a great deal of plausibility and has bugger all to do with your 'notion' of conspiracy theories. part 2+3 notwithstanding.

Secondly, suspicion of the state is not irrational 'they' have, do and will abuse the powers that they hold.

Thirdly, how does the census determine what funds the council receive, especially when the thing is once a decade? I don't believe that you could possibly determine what funds a council needs ten years in advance that cannot be figured out from the information that is already available.

surely the cost of a census would be better spent making the systems that already hold this information better(at collating said data)

Fourthly, about conspiracy theories, the ones you seem to dancing around are about power and using the populace to gain more power(wealth) and are not dreamed up by idiots or put into motion by idiots but by very clever and shrewd (usually business orientated) people.

it's not a great leap of imagination to see how cctv could be used for nefarious purposes and its not entirely beyond the scope of possibility that there is a conspiracy to make the people even more like chattel than we already are. slavery isn't imaginary you know. and it just requires a better class of control and implementation to make it a reality.

If you believe in that sort of thing....

Has anyone ever voted for you? Have you ever saved somebody's job? Thought not do don't lecture me.

I respect taking a stand, how is refusing to fill in a sodding census taking a stance? What do you think of his post 354? Wise words?

I have been voted for many times and I have given jobs and taken them away. I doubt that you have done either, you are far too narrow minded IMO.

I have been voted for many times and I have given jobs and taken them away. I doubt that you have done either, you are far too narrow minded IMO.

You have already proven yourself to be slightly mad with your brainwashed talk now you have delusions of grandeur. I don't believe you have been voted for at all and as for giving jobs, do me a favour.

Well you sound pretty balanced to me and balance is the key word in life. My only advice I can give you at the age of 35 is on big issues look at a range of sources and opinions. That's exactly what conspiracy theorists and revolutionary types don't do. They all feed off each other and take each other further down a path of madness while the rest of the world just shakes their heads.

Thanks for the advice. I always try and look at everyones points, it's unfortunate that once again the other side hasn't given a valid point. I'm off now, I'm always up for a good debate so it's a shame it just turned silly because he was being childish, we should find something we both disagree on so we can debate on it, that'd be a decent debate ;)

Might see you around anyway if I get time to keep posting more :)

Theory or ideology? Who cares, it is an irrational suspicion of the state from too much Orwell and Kafka or Matrix and Loose Change for the lesser ideologues.

I seriously don't know this, so it's just a question, but if the census act isn't law, what is it? :confused:

its a statute. an act of parliament that deferenciates it from common law which is unescapable on this island. You have to agree (or not disagree-same thing-)to be bound by acts/statute law.

FIRSTLY, STOP INSULTING THE MATRIX. Its a damn fine film with a great deal of plausibility and has bugger all to do with your 'notion' of conspiracy theories. part 2+3 notwithstanding.

Secondly, suspicion of the state is not irrational 'they' have, do and will abuse the powers that they hold.

Thirdly, how does the census determine what funds the council receive, especially when the thing is once a decade? I don't believe that you could possibly determine what funds a council needs ten years in advance that cannot be figured out from the information that is already available.

surely the cost of a census would be better spent making the systems that already hold this information better(at collating said data)

Fourthly, about conspiracy theories, the ones you seem to dancing around are about power and using the populace to gain more power(wealth) and are not dreamed up by idiots or put into motion by idiots but by very clever and shrewd (usually business orientated) people.

it's not a great leap of imagination to see how cctv could be used for nefarious purposes and its not entirely beyond the scope of possibility that there is a conspiracy to make the people even more like chattel than we already are. slavery isn't imaginary you know. and it just requires a better class of control and implementation to make it a reality.

If you believe in that sort of thing....

I don't really have anything against the Matrix, I just remember talking to a conspiracy theorist who informed me "we're all part of the matrix really". And he was being serious, he'd lectured me for an hour about how he knew the twin towers collapsed due to planted explosives.

Yes CCTV could be used evilly if it got into our homes instead of filming scraps outside pubs, if we had a Generals takeover but let's face it...

I know about corporate this and CIA that and yes there are and have been some dodgy goings on. I find the idea of grand international plans far too much. This may all be irrelevant in the case of the census. The census exists for simple reasons and I expect they make projections on the information gained. We can debate its use forever but since none of us work on it it's all academic. I just find the idea of grown men, not doped up students refusing to fill it in unbelievably childish. When one of them calls me brainwashed for going along with it then it says it all.

You have already proven yourself to be slightly mad with your brainwashed talk now you have delusions of grandeur. I don't believe you have been voted for at all and as for giving jobs, do me a favour.

Sorry, your attitude has gone against you so I cannot offer you employment. Don't give up searching though.

Sensible people who live in reality fill it in. Lazies and cod philosophers like you don't. Your selfishness is disgusting and what is truly comical is you think you are making some amazing point "I won't be threatened". You're under threat from the state all the time and quite right too or you may start drink driving and ignoring laws you don't agree with.

So how are laws ever meant to be changed if no one stands up and says I am sparticus?

A few points for your high and mighty defence of kow towing to consider,

women-vote

homosexual- everything

slavery

sunday trading

window tax

whichcraft laws

racisim,ageism,sexism,discrimination...

oh and your favourite poll tax

etc etc

and you think there's no comparison between the above and the census thats not the point its about what some one thinks is worth making a stand about. Your outright derision of others opions is why your opinion imo should be ignored.

Archived