I will NOT be filling in my Census!!

Did you actually read my post? It's as simple as looking on the government sites for justice and legislation, it outlines it there.

How is it different to a law? (which is impossible anyway because again, law is a general term and can be used in loads of situations for many different things)

It's another form of law as you explained, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 pinned up across the land is a good example. Breach it and you're in trouble. Having been beaten he's simply trying to be 'intellectual' and chin stroking by being pedantic zzz.

The funny thing is, all these people that won't fill in the Census form which helps with Planning, funding etc and of course will help someone tracing their roots in 100 years time.

are happy to seach the internet for information to other things, now if everybody thought the same way, then there would be no internet, no books etc.

It's another form of law as you explained, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 pinned up across the land is a good example. Breach it and you're in trouble. Having been beaten he's simply trying to be 'intellectual' and chin stroking by being pedantic zzz.

Hi, how are you?

He actually makes a lot of sense, why do you have trouble admiting it?

He is not trying to be "intellectual" he is just proving that you and your little friend are not.:)

The funny thing is, all these people that won't fill in the Census form which helps with Planning, funding etc and of course will help someone tracing their roots in 100 years time.

are happy to seach the internet for information to other things, now if everybody thought the same way, then there would be no internet, no books etc.

If everybody thought the same way no-one would fill out the census!

How would that prevent the existance of the internet and books etc??:hihi::loopy:

Hi, how are you?

He actually makes a lot of sense, why do you have trouble admiting it?

He is not trying to be "intellectual" he is just proving that you and your little friend are not.:)

Statute Law, Common Law, Case Law. See a connection there Wat Tyler?

Now go and spread the revolution. Throw your TV out of the window to stop it brainwashing you or something. :loopy:

Statute Law, Common Law, Case Law. See a connection there Wat Tyler?

Now go and spread the revolution. Throw your TV out of the window to stop it brainwashing you or something. :loopy:

So you believe that it is the TV that brainwashes people?...Er....OK then!:loopy::hihi:

Interestingly you have not ignored my opinion. I find linking the census to the above and Rosa Parks in particular as Cavegirl did quite disgusting. Not even in the same ball park. No one's rights are being taken away by the census. Even if you subscribe to demented views about the UK state being evil the census is not. Alternatively perhaps you can give me some examples of the harm it does that is worth fighting against? If you do I'll concede that binning it on 'principle' is intelligent.

I have also derided one opinion, if we were arguing about God, the universe or the general election I would disagree not deride. To me binning the census is worthy only of derision. If you can't differentiate then that's your problem.

I was drunk when I wrote that so you'll have to forgive my use of 'ignored' maybe there's a better word that I can't be bothered to think of right now.

What the census and all the other 'things', rosa parks etc have in common is that they were all made for someone else's benefit and up until 'that' moment were accepted as the status quo by the vast majority.

The census asfaik was designed with one purpose taxation for the king. I realise that times have changed but I don't believe that it is used for the purpose of allocating funds that simply doesn't make sense.

the reason to bin the census is its an outdated and inefficient, expensive way of gathering a few details about the population that are already (mostly in the hands of the government in one form or another.

I do wonder though what the govenment intends to do with the knowledge gained from asking about the central heating of houses?

Rights been taken away? What about my right NOT to participate.

Archived