I will NOT be filling in my Census!!

A few fools crumble and fill it in for fear of getting a fine.

There may be a tiny amount of people that do that, but so they should, because the census is there to get accurate results from every single person in the country.

But I've not seen a single person who have filled it in out of fear?!

Answer the above and try again first :)

I asked you a question based on a statement you made. The onus is on you to show how the threat of a fine means that the government have no intention of following through with their threats.

BTW. If you want to know how the government can get the information via other means, have a look here.

I asked you a question based on a statement you made. The onus is on you to show how the threat of a fine means that the government have no intention of following through with their threats.

Are you having trouble reading? I never said that because they make threats it means they won't follow them through. What I said is that I think myself that it's there as a reminder, why is it £1000? Why isn't it £500 or £100, or £5000? £1000 seems significant compared to a lower number, and if they said £5000 it'd seem more threatening. Also remember that it's UP TO. So not everyone will be fined, maybe no one will be fined, and if they do get fined, it may only be as little as £20 or less. So I'll ask again, why £1000? This is what makes me think that it's just there so people remember the date, it HAS to be in by 26th March - it doesn't, they say that, but your perfectly ok submitting it later when the collectors come, again, accuracy and a set date. They don't say 'submit it sometime this week, or when your done' it's a exact date.

Just about the bit you added...

A separate company away from the government do the census (i'm sure I've heard that on here somewhere, I think it's true!) because when it's passed to the government, all the details are put into how they should be presented, with all householders remaining anonymous. To access all the different files on different things would mean giving a individual party access to loads and loads of personal information. People move house all the time, people stay over in different areas, some people are moving daily. Immigration means 1000's of people moving in and out of the country. To get accurate information about 1 specific day for loads of different types of data would be a massive scale operation that would cost more than the census. If your happy for them to get this information then what's the problem with the census?

Are you having trouble reading?

No; but you appear to be having difficulty understanding the term "threat of financial penalty".

I never said that because they make threats it means they won't follow them through.

How else can you read:

Personally I think the threat of a fine is just there for just that, a threat.

I've just had a 'census taker' at the front door asking if I'd posted our census form. I told her truthfully that I had posted it last Saturday. After she'd left I watched where she went and she didn't go to any of the other houses on the street. I don't know if this was a random spot check or if our address was on some sort of list due to late return.

No; but you appear to be having difficulty understanding the term "threat of financial penalty".

How else can you read:

Thanks for highlighting that, oh yes, I was right, it says "I think" I never at any point I said that because they make a threat it automatically "means" they won't do it, I think in this case that because of past cases where only a few people have been fined, it makes sense to believe it'll be the same and that the few people that were fined were just examples to make. If no one at all was fined then obviously it'd be the same as having no fine exist at all.

We're going off the point here anyway.

Thanks for highlighting that, oh yes, I was right, it says "I think" I never at any point I said that because they make a threat it automatically "means" they won't do it

So now you're conceding that the threat is real.

Do try to make up your mind:thumbsup:.

There may be a tiny amount of people that do that, but so they should, because the census is there to get accurate results from every single person in the country.

But I've not seen a single person who have filled it in out of fear?!

How do you know?

So now you're conceding that the threat is real.

Do try to make up your mind:thumbsup:.

Ok, now highlight where I said I do think the threat is real in the way they present it.

Oh wait, I didn't say that. I was correcting what you had said. There is a difference between how you read what I said and repeated it in your own words and how I wrote it originally.

Archived