I will NOT be filling in my Census!!

How do you know?

I actually give up now.

How do I know that I don't know anyone who's filled it in out of fear? Maybe because I have a brain and I've not heard anyone say that they have filled it in because they are scared.

Again, there is a difference between me not knowing and someone not saying.

I've not heard anyone say that they have filled it in because they are scared.

Yet you've stated that the threat of financial penalty for non-compliance is needed as "encouragement". That sounds pretty like "fill it in or get fined", which has been my main bone of contention and the reason (well, the main one) why I will not fill it in.

Ok, now highlight where I said I do think the threat is real in the way they present it.

Now you're simply contradicting yourself.

Either the threat is real, or it is not. Which one do you think it is then?

Yet you've stated that the threat of financial penalty for non-compliance is needed as "encouragement". That sounds pretty like "fill it in or get fined", which has been my main bone of contention and the reason (well, the main one) why I will not fill it in.

It's more reminder than encouragement in my opinion. (which actually I'm happy for you to ignore because of my age, that may affect my thinking but I'm pretty sure it doesn't!)

It's not about being scared of been fined, which is why I've said it must be tiny minority if I don't know anyone who's done it for that reason.

Would you complete the census if there was no penalty for not doing so?

That's a good question and deserves an honest answer.

If I was asked in a polite manner and I had the time, I would fill in the census, if there was no threat of a fine.

The fact that there is a threat of a fine means that I am being ordered to fill it in 'or else'! Bad manners, bad move, no filling in of census!

Now you're simply contradicting yourself.

Either the threat is real, or it is not. Which one do you think it is then?

THAT IS EXACTLY MY POINT!!!!!!!!

I said I think it is NOT real.

You then said that I had said that if the government makes a threat it means they won't follow it through (or to that effect). Which is NOT what I said.

I then replied correcting you by saying that I had said I THINK they won't follow it through but they may do it.

So I THINK it's not a real threat, which is my opinion and isn't set solid. I can't say IT'S REAL. Or IT'S NOT REAL. Which is exactly why I have not said anything like that up to now, I've just expressed my opinion!!!!!!

I actually give up now.

How do I know that I don't know anyone who's filled it in out of fear? Maybe because I have a brain and I've not heard anyone say that they have filled it in because they are scared.Again, there is a difference between me not knowing and someone not saying.

Did mr prime tell his neighbour that he had filled in his census because he was afraid of being fined? Of course he didn't as this would make him appear weak.

THAT IS EXACTLY MY POINT!!!!!!!!

I said I think it is NOT real.

You then said that I had said that if the government makes a threat it means they won't follow it through (or to that effect). Which is NOT what I said.

I then replied correcting you by saying that I had said I THINK they won't follow it through but they may do it.

So I THINK it's not a real threat, which is my opinion and isn't set solid. I can't say IT'S REAL. Or IT'S NOT REAL. Which is exactly why I have not said anything like that up to now, I've just expressed my opinion!!!!!!

You also said that it is the law?

Did mr prime tell his neighbour that he had filled in his census because he was afraid of being fined? Of course he didn't as this would make him appear weak.

Oh what are you on about now?

As I've said. I DO NOT KNOW ANYONE WHO HAS DONE IT OUT OF FEAR. EITHER BECAUSE THEY HAVE DONE IT OUT OF FEAR AND NOT TOLD ME OR THEY HAVEN'T DONE IT OUT OF FEAR. Either way, I STILL do not know, in my head, of anyone who has filled it out because they are scared. If they told me they had done, then I WOULD know, they've all told me they've filled it in and disagree with people who don't fill it in. Therefore even if they are lying, I still don't know of anyone who's filled it in out of fear.

You also said that it is the law?

Which it is, and I think the other guy has realised this. A law is a bad word in this case because 'law' covers a wide range of things. It's a statute law, I'm new to all this and he probably is too so it was just that we hadn't looked into it to the point that there was a difference and they're all still laws, just different types of laws.

I really don't want to debate with you anyway, you just don't answer questions, don't read stuff, and randomly come out with garbage. At least I get a bit of sense out of SCCSUX and he and a few others seem like normal decent blokes that I disagree with on a matter, but your just bonkers mate.

Archived