I will NOT be filling in my Census!!

I really don't want to debate with you anyway, you just don't answer questions, don't read stuff, and randomly come out with garbage. At least I get a bit of sense out of SCCSUX and he and a few others seem like normal decent blokes that I disagree with on a matter, but your just bonkers mate.

Classic. It's true, sccsux is annoying and looking back I've argued with him before. However I've read some good posts by him over the last year or so. Manstrad has said nothing but junk and puts daft smiling faces next to every paragraph for some reason.

You have no real reason!

Likewise, you have contributed nothing to the discussion other than to call people childish names, simply for having the temerity to have a different perception to something than yourself.

All this talk of being fined £1000 if you don't fill in your Census! What a load of bunkum. I will not be threatened, all they needed to do was to ask politely. Now I have decided that they will have to pay me £1000 if they want my info. Let's see how far we both get. :mad:

Yesterday they came knocking on my door and asked why I had not filled in and sent off mine yet and told me that there was a good chance I would be fined if I did not do it. I think he was being serious so I just did it online which only takes 10mins.

Yesterday they came knocking on my door and asked why I had not filled in and sent off mine yet and told me that there was a good chance I would be fined if I did not do it. I think he was being serious so I just did it online which only takes 10mins.

That's really out of order, frightening you into doing something against your will. Anyone who agrees with this sort of practice would feel right at home living under a dictatorship!:mad:

That's really out of order, frightening you into doing something against your will. Anyone who agrees with this sort of practice would feel right at home living under a dictatorship!:mad:

They're telling us to fill in a piece of paper man! Your making it sound like they're controlling our lives and the way we live or something!

That's what makes this so daft, it's just a few pieces of paper they tell you to fill in every 10 years. 0.00019% of each 10 years spent on it, and it's a possibility that it could be used to improve certain things about where you live or the area around it (health services etc)

Still no one has actually answered the question. The government has to get these details, so how would you get them that's easier? (and don't say just from 'other methods' go into detail, you can't get these details from records that already exist like birth records etc because you wouldn't get localized population details AND the population would be wrong anyway!

I'm 100% certain none of you will think of an easier way to get the details they need, so that's one thing cleared up, they DO need the census.

Now, without the fine, how would YOU get everyone to fill it in?

Still no one has actually answered the question.

Yes they have. I have personally answered this question twice now (though some people seem to have simply disregarded it). One of my replies was in answer to yourself on page 29).

Go back to page 17, and you'll find quite a list of methods that are available to the government to find this information.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=750535&page=17#328

I'm 100% certain none of you will think of an easier way to get the details they need, so that's one thing cleared up, they DO need the census.

The conservatives seem to think there are easier methods for getting the data (they want this one to be the last census in the UK, ever - so there must be other routes to get the same information)

Now, without the fine, how would YOU get everyone to fill it in?

I wouldn't expect everyone/anyone to fill it in.

Archived