I will NOT be filling in my Census!!

All this talk of being fined £1000 if you don't fill in your Census! What a load of bunkum. I will not be threatened, all they needed to do was to ask politely. Now I have decided that they will have to pay me £1000 if they want my info. Let's see how far we both get. :mad:

Prison for non payment of fines. The fine is in place to stop idiots being stroppy but it clearly fails to do so.

There you are - That was nice and easy.

Yes, I also think a few people will get fined but not everyone. I know I wont be fined. As for fines for other stuff, I agree with them because they are right. Being fined for not filling in the census is wrong IMO.

A bit of sense at last, unless I've missed it before it's the first time you've actually said the reason is you think it's wrong to be fined for not doing the census. Which basically contradicts everything you've said before about threats etc.

But yeah, I don't think you KNOW you won't be fined. Was anything actually confirmed about the last census, everyone might have been fined, I don't see how anyone would know who did and who didn't unless they personally knew them. I think a few hundred people will be fined, and out of them only one or two would get the full £1000 fine, just so it gets press and if there is another census next time people will remember it.

All what you did say before was all crap though, about threats and being basically bullied into doing something. Nearly everyone who drives has exceeded the speed limit by at least 10mph. That's illegal, why do they slow down when speed cameras or police are about? Because they're scared. There are loads of examples like that but now from what you've said it's down to whether you think the fine is right, but I've covered that already. The census is set in stone, at least for now, that's not changed and is still here so how do they get everyone to fill it in without a fine? They just can't, they need the threat of a fine there so people will fill it in. That doesn't mean it's making people do it against whether they want to do it or not, or scaring them into doing it, it's just making people find time to do it.

Most peoples genuine reasons for not doing the census is they have forgotten, they've lost it, they've sent it late, they've not had time etc, it's a tiny minority that don't do it because they don't want to. That is who the fine is aimed at, the genuine people who have forgotten about it or whatever will end up filling it in anyway, not against what they want to do, just making them find the time to do it.

i have it on good authority you will be fined, just because you dont accept the fine doesnt mean they wont issue the fine.

its a good thing. means more money coming into the public purse from the idiots that refuse to help anybody else but themselves.

i have it on good authority you will be fined, just because you dont accept the fine doesnt mean they wont issue the fine.

its a good thing. means more money coming into the public purse from the idiots that refuse to help anybody else but themselves.

I have it on good authority that I will not be fined.

A bit of sense at last, unless I've missed it before it's the first time you've actually said the reason is you think it's wrong to be fined for not doing the census. Which basically contradicts everything you've said before about threats etc.

But yeah, I don't think you KNOW you won't be fined. Was anything actually confirmed about the last census, everyone might have been fined, I don't see how anyone would know who did and who didn't unless they personally knew them. I think a few hundred people will be fined, and out of them only one or two would get the full £1000 fine, just so it gets press and if there is another census next time people will remember it.

All what you did say before was all crap though, about threats and being basically bullied into doing something. Nearly everyone who drives has exceeded the speed limit by at least 10mph. That's illegal, why do they slow down when speed cameras or police are about? Because they're scared. There are loads of examples like that but now from what you've said it's down to whether you think the fine is right, but I've covered that already. The census is set in stone, at least for now, that's not changed and is still here so how do they get everyone to fill it in without a fine? They just can't, they need the threat of a fine there so people will fill it in. That doesn't mean it's making people do it against whether they want to do it or not, or scaring them into doing it, it's just making people find time to do it.

Most peoples genuine reasons for not doing the census is they have forgotten, they've lost it, they've sent it late, they've not had time etc, it's a tiny minority that don't do it because they don't want to. That is who the fine is aimed at, the genuine people who have forgotten about it or whatever will end up filling it in anyway, not against what they want to do, just making them find the time to do it.

I got a bit bored so didn't manage to read the whole of this rather long winded post. However, the gist I got was that you are preoccupied with trying to score points off me. Can you explain the reason for this please? (please try and keep it to a sentance or two, without any waffle):)

I doubt either of you have it on any level of authority, you've probably heard from a friend of a friend who found out off a friend or something, I do hope you get fined (not because of anything at all apart from the fact of refusing to do it, whatever the reason) just to prove a point, and if it happens I hope you don't come back on blasting the census and the government etc because the whole census is for our benefit in the first place, and the fines benefit us too.

I doubt they will, I stick with what I've said that a few people will be fined, I don't agree with that at all, everyone should be fined, but there you go, just how it goes.

I got a bit bored so didn't manage to read the whole of this rather long winded post. However, the gist I got was that you are preoccupied with trying to score points off me. Can you explain the reason for this please? (please try and keep it to a sentance or two, without any waffle):)

Back to the childishness again :roll:

You don't have to read it, no one is forcing you, your not gonna be fined and I'm not after your thoughts, chill!

What are you talking about, yet again, my post was kept to a couple of paragraphs because I prefer to do that than post lots and lots of meaningless drivel.

I doubt either of you have it on any level of authority, you've probably heard from a friend of a friend who found out off a friend or something, I do hope you get fined (not because of anything at all apart from the fact of refusing to do it, whatever the reason) just to prove a point, and if it happens I hope you don't come back on blasting the census and the government etc because the whole census is for our benefit in the first place, and the fines benefit us too.

I doubt they will, I stick with what I've said that a few people will be fined, I don't agree with that at all, everyone should be fined, but there you go, just how it goes.

You are not listening. I KNOW I will not be fined.

You are not listening. I KNOW I will not be fined.

How?

If you don't wanna answer fair enough, but it's a fact that if you have not filled the census in then you DO NOT know you won't be fined, whoever you know, however you think you can get out of it your wrong, it's likely you won't be anyway but if you haven't filled it in, and they decide to give you a fine, how do you get out of that!?!!

Archived