I will NOT be filling in my Census!!

So why do you think the census is conducted? Again, not a sarcastic question, you are not the same as the OP but I'm interested in your interpretation.

I seriously don't know,

I know the history of it and why the first real census was conducted in England by king whatever his name was.

but the modern day census I just hear this vague phrase about allocating funds which bears no logic to the real world provision of services by councils. As the distance between census is too big to be of any real use and like which has been said before all this data is in the hands of government.

schools are a prime example no way could a school budget is determined once every 10 years. ditto for any other service.

a school that is reduced in numbers does not receive the same budget year after year until the next census.

I seriously don't know,

I know the history of it and why the first real census was conducted in England by king whatever his name was.

but the modern day census I just hear this vague phrase about allocating funds which bears no logic to the real world provision of services by councils. As the distance between census is too big to be of any real use and like which has been said before all this data is in the hands of government.

schools are a prime example no way could a school budget is determined once every 10 years. ditto for any other service.

a school that is reduced in numbers does not receive the same budget year after year until the next census.

Very well thought out, intelligent points. You dismantled prime's obvious sarcasm with great aplomb. ;)

Very well thought out, intelligent points. You dismantled prime's obvious sarcasm with great aplomb. ;)

Zzz, you have a siege mentality. I am genuinely interested in what people think the reasoning behind it is. To me it's obviously useful for HM Government to know the population facts of the nation they govern. I was therefore interested to see what someone who opposes it thinks it is for.

Another rule of Sheffield Forum is the people you disagree with furiously and think are mad may seem the total opposite on another thread. There is a bloke on here called Interviewer who is obsessed with the evil BBC. On that he spouts bull. I was impressed by his take on the miners strike however. So far you seem mad but you may seem different later on. I have only come across one poster over the years who is totally mad.

I am genuinely interested in what people think the reasoning behind it is. To me it's obviously useful for HM Government to know the population facts of the nation they govern. I was therefore interested to see what someone who opposes it thinks it is for.

Let's just deal with this part of your post shall we, the rest was more of the same old cheap jibes and waffle.

I agree that it would be useful for the government to know the population facts, but the census does not acurately provide them. As many people have already said times many, the government already have these statistics via other channels, so how could you justify the huge cost of the census?

No it's not, and I've already said why.

You have given your reason why. I am not of the same opinion.

The fact you won't fill it in because they have a fine on it is OTT.

Again that is your opinion, mine is different. Not everyone agrees with what you believe and banging on at them is not going to make them fall into line. That's life.

You have given your reason why. I am not of the same opinion.

Again that is your opinion, mine is different. Not everyone agrees with what you believe and banging on at them is not going to make them fall into line. That's life.

I could say exactly the same to you.

This thread is wholly based on opinions so you don't really need to point out my opinions!

Archived