I will NOT be filling in my Census!!

I could say exactly the same to you.

And you are more than welcome to, I will not be offended.

This thread is wholly based on opinions so you don't really need to point out my opinions!

Actually, this thread is based on the fact, not the opinion, that I will not fill in the census. Though you may be forgiven for forgeting that due to the smoke screen of waffle put forth by certain posters.

Let's just deal with this part of your post shall we, the rest was more of the same old cheap jibes and waffle.

I agree that it would be useful for the government to know the population facts, but the census does not acurately provide them. As many people have already said times many, the government already have these statistics via other channels, so how could you justify the huge cost of the census?

Cheap jibes? Again you have a siege mentality since there was nothing insulting about my last post. The fact you've been on this forum 5 minutes shows.

Whether they have the stats or not is not necessarily a matter of fact, there is no government or civil service spokesperson here to respond to this oft repeated 'fact'. I doubt the state is the slick joined up operation you think it is. Nor is it my job to justify the cost of the census as I am not the government. I merely find paper tiger revolutionaries tiresome and an arms folded attitude childish. I am happy to shrug it off as someone's choice but not if there is the slightest chance it damages wider society. That chance was made clear by another poster way back. Those are my objections, they are not based on a staunch defence of how wonderful the census is.

And you are more than welcome to, I will not be offended.

Actually, this thread is based on the fact, not the opinion, that I will not fill in the census. Though you may be forgiven for forgeting that due to the smoke screen of waffle put forth by certain posters.

It's based on opinions, most of the thread is all opinions, the original post was about the fact your not filling it in, who cares!?! But you put it out there so you can't really complain about what people are saying about it!

It's based on opinions, most of the thread is all opinions, the original post was about the fact your not filling it in, who cares!?! But you put it out there so you can't really complain about what people are saying about it!

It's funny that the lord of waffle moans about it and seems to have elected himself a moderator. Nobody's told him that Sheffield Forum is not an intellectual debating society. I've been on here since 2006 and never come across such contradiction and clipboard waving.

It's funny that the lord of waffle moans about it and seems to have elected himself a moderator. Nobody's told him that Sheffield Forum is not an intellectual debating society. I've been on here since 2006 and never come across such contradiction and clipboard waving.

I know, earlier in the thread he tried mini-modding telling me to leave the thread!

Oh well, not to worry, it's not us he's making a fool of... :hihi:

I also find it a BIT weird that he's only been here since January but has over 1,500 posts. Someone has a bit too much time on their hands.

I know, earlier in the thread he tried mini-modding telling me to leave the thread!

Oh well, not to worry, it's not us he's making a fool of... :hihi:

And he still hasn't told us how he acquired the power of the crystal that enables him to "KNOW" he won't be fined. The usual sign of a bull merchant or it's simply dodgy.

Yes lots of time while apparently in the kind of career that allows him to give people jobs.

And he still hasn't told us how he acquired the power of the crystal that enables him to "KNOW" he won't be fined. The usual sign of a bull merchant or it's simply dodgy.

Yes lots of time while apparently in the kind of career that allows him to give people jobs.

Before he shoots you down, look back a couple of pages. He tried to say he HAD explained how he knows he won't be fined. But actually what it was, was that he thought he could send an invoice back demanding £1000 for his time filling it in, which would cancel out the fine.

What a joke.

Whether they have the stats or not is not necessarily a matter of fact, there is no government or civil service spokesperson here to respond to this oft repeated 'fact'. I doubt the state is the slick joined up operation you think it is. Nor is it my job to justify the cost of the census as I am not the government. I am happy to shrug it off as someone's choice but not if there is the slightest chance it damages wider society. That chance was made clear by another poster way back. Those are my objections, they are not based on a staunch defence of how wonderful the census is.

Again, lets ignore the waffle.

So you don't think the government have everything they need to no about you, nor have the means to find out without the census? Interesting.

Do you not think that the unnecessary cost of the census is more damaging to society? I do.

Again, lets ignore the waffle.

So you don't think the government have everything they need to no about you, nor have the means to find out without the census? Interesting.

Do you not think that the unnecessary cost of the census is more damaging to society? I do.

They do, to some extent, but it's still not complete information

I did explain a couple of pages ago how getting the information through other means would be a hell of a lot more costly and harder than the census.

All the information isn't all kept where they can just search your name and it all comes up, it's a mess basically, that's obvious. Also it would involve the government giving a lot of information away to the census people, your happy for them to do that but not to fill in the census? (oh, and it'd be breaking loads of data protection laws. Oh no wait, they don't apply, because they aren't laws and we can just ignore them and do the opposite! Silly me!)

:hihi: Excellent debating skills, prime is teaching you well.

Like it or not, this thread is based on the OP.

Archived