I will NOT be filling in my Census!!

:hihi: Excellent debating skills, prime is teaching you well.

Like it or not, this thread is based on the OP.

This is just your opinion, just thought I'd let you know ;)

How can you debate about you not filling your census in, this is what has lead on from that first post, it's a forum you can't just pick and choose who/what is posted!

Again, lets ignore the waffle.

So you don't think the government have everything they need to no about you, nor have the means to find out without the census? Interesting.

Do you not think that the unnecessary cost of the census is more damaging to society? I do.

I'll 'waffle' as much as I like mate, I've been here since 2006 and you are the 'new boy' so shut up and bore off. If you have the word moderator after your name I might take you seriously. Little tip, in all the thousands of raging debates over the years I never saw anyone else telling people to stay on topic etc unless they were a mod. Just makes you look a wally.

The government did not know about my home heating for example which they do now. There are probably other similar examples.

The cost is not your worry because you are not in government for some reason.

They do, to some extent, but it's still not complete information

I did explain a couple of pages ago how getting the information through other means would be a hell of a lot more costly and harder than the census.

All the information isn't all kept where they can just search your name and it all comes up, it's a mess basically, that's obvious. Also it would involve the government giving a lot of information away to the census people, your happy for them to do that but not to fill in the census? (oh, and it'd be breaking loads of data protection laws. Oh no wait, they don't apply, because they aren't laws and we can just ignore them and do the opposite! Silly me!)

Your words, not mine.

The government would have to give a lot of information away to the census people!!?..................That's it. you win. There is nothing I can say to that!

Your words, not mine.

Seems you keep doing that to peoples posts, especially when you get stuck in a corner!

The government would have to give a lot of information away to the census people!!?..................That's it. you win. There is nothing I can say to that!

More information than we do, and the point I was making is that it's breaking the data protection act. Do I really need to explain everything in great detail?

Seems you keep doing that to peoples posts, especially when you get stuck in a corner!

More information than we do, and the point I was making is that it's breaking the data protection act. Do I really need to explain everything in great detail?

He, as he pointed out early on in the thread believes people like you and I are 'sheeple' and that the state really does have a huge supercomputer where some shady official types in a name and an electronic file about our entire lives pops up. It has not crossed his peanut that it's a very scattered civil service and that the census is a unifying database and obtains only the necessary details at that.

The government did not know about my home heating for example which they do now. There are probably other similar examples.

So you have no heating when you fill in the census, the following week you decide to have a brand new heating system installed. What use is the information that you gave on the census now, never mind over the next ten years?

So you have no heating when you fill in the census, the following week you decide to have a brand new heating system installed. What use is the information that you gave on the census now, never mind over the next ten years?

This would be insignificant, the chances of so many people (enough to affect the general result) changing their heating even within the few years following is tiny.

They don't use the results on a house by house basis, the street or the streets surrounding your street included would be all summed up in stats showing percentages etc. Then it's all compiled into the whole countries/citys/areas etc results

You have very binary thinking. Most people don't change their heating systems every 5 minutes and you should know perfectly well that they will be able to see how people are responding to environmental initiatives. They will be able to see areas of the country to target re subsidies towards insulation.

Your words, not mine.

the census people?

government give them info? so they can, er give it back.

ps your three's bickering will get the thread pulled.

the census people?

government give them info? so they can, er give it back.

ps your three's bickering will get the thread pulled.

As we've said, the information isn't all together how some certain people think it is, and it's not compiled how the government need it, so the there would still need to be some external party that gets all the results and puts them into the format needed by the government for whatever they need to use it for

Archived