Need help! what to write in a letter to an absent father!

As his name appears on the birth certificate i have to ask his permission, his father was adopted therefor my child has the surname of his adopted family name (considering he has nothing to do with his father or his adopted family i dont see the point in my child sharing the name)

As his name appears on the birth certificate i have to ask his permission, his father was adopted therefor my child has the surname of his adopted family name (considering he has nothing to do with his father or his adopted family i dont see the point in my child sharing the name)

My son had his birth father's name on his birth certificate. I just got his name changed by deed poll at a solicitors. Didn't contact the bloke at all. There's quite a few posts on the forum about name changing and absent fathers that you might like to read.

My son had his birth father's name on his birth certificate. I just got his name changed by deed poll at a solicitors. Didn't contact the bloke at all. There's quite a few posts on the forum about name changing and absent fathers that you might like to read.

I thought to legally (ie be able to get a passport in new name, have a driving liscence in it, NHS number, medical records) change the name you had to do so by statutory declaration and if there are any court orders stating that you needed fathers permission this had to be adhered to....until the child was 17/18 and could do so themselves.

I think the law changed, its if they were born after 2003 you have to get permission. Is your child older?

Archived