Demo violence in London today

I've had a look around on you tube. There's one video that has bits of the footage but it has been cut with other things so it isnt very clear.

The footage I'm referring to starts at 0.25 secs until 0.33 secs in this video. It was repeatedly shown on BBC news yesterday. I'll keep an eye out for a better quality version of the full coverage or you could contact the guy who posted this and ask for a copy of the full footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkirZcOg27Q&feature=watch_response

It's not very clear at all. Hopefully clear footage will emerge as the events of the day were filmed from all angles.

Why were we apathetic when the conservatives and lib-dems had no power? ;) I'm fairly apolitical, so its been interesting to sit on the sidelines and watch how quickly after the con-dems took power the trade unions have mobilised. Why weren't they concerned about the escalating costs of the top people in 'public' service before these inflation busting salaries got out of hand? I'm an ex public sector worker (for about 10 years), and in my last few years before retirement, I witnessed new layers of management being introduced into what was sometimes a shrinking workforce. Did the public benefit from these appointments? IMO the unions should have been pushing for at least another £1 an hour on care assistant's wages and keeping down the costs at the top. Anyone who really cares about public services wouldn't have introduced huge numbers of new management roles into the NHS whilst keeping nursing recruitment down. But what do I know.

its called jobs for the boys...when labour got into power they made jobs for there supporters in the thousands...now the tories are taking them back...just hope they throw a few cheap council houses in our direction....polititions are even more crooked than the banks and big business...cannot blame them it comes with the power...to do whatever they want...just like israel...

Most of the MP expenses claims were legal....did that have you angry?

Not particularly as it happens no as they were within the rules. The ones that people were most annoyed bout - the ones involving false accounting though and lying about the main home were illegal however.

As opposed to the 60 odd million who agreed with the Govt and the regrettably necessary cuts to resolve the terrible mess Labour left us....

who are the 60 million :huh:

as for the debt....we spent billions bailing out the banks...i find it really funny how Cleg and co keep blaming Labour because the banks ****ed up

The people who took part in the demos are like many people on here - ignorant.

I don't mean it in a derogatory way, but that you and they don't know the insides or the full facts of many of the situations.

I worked closely in education for many years and could see the shocking waste of money and the endless blank cheques Labour wrote in just one area. And no doubt its the same in other areas where the cuts are taking place.

So instead of just relying on what the papers and TV tell you, get involved and see some of the facts and figures for yourself before shouting the odds.

And because of this you'd like the British public to conduct themselves with restraint and apologise?

Personally we need to send a few million down there and kick the ***out of Parliament

Seems you whine about violent demos then go onto whine about violent government...make your mind up.

you dont get it do you I deplore ALL violence,hope thats made it a little easier for you to understand.;)

Do you (or anyone) have a link to this footage? I want to see it for myself.

Hi Nagel.

I found a better view of part of the footage. It's just over half way through this link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12871187

The presenter in a brown jacket says "This is not part of that TUC rally" and the image cuts to outside Topshop/ Topman.

There are a number of phone boxes in the centre of the image and you can see the chap I was talking about just to the right of the upper set of phone boxes. At this point he is removing his radio from beneath his black jacket. He's also wearing blue jeans and white trainers.

Unfortunately it doesn't show the 2 mins or so before this when he is to the left of the phones in the midst of the crowd pushes the anarchist in a scrum, seems to hold out a hand in apology and then moves to where the police were stood blocking the area between the two sets of phone booths where he is allowed through. This footage seems to pick up from this point onwards.

I'll keep trying to find the full story for you.

Interestingly, this was the first point of trouble picked up by the news and it just happened to be in the middle of Ed Milliband's speech. In fact the news cut from Ed mid-flow to showing these scenes. Perhaps a little too much of a coincidence?

Archived