Skinnerthorpe road

I used to live at 120 Skinnerthorpe Road in the 1970s. Next door were Ken and Margaret (Smith I think) who were very pally with Marti Caine. Marti used to call round each week and pass our window on the way to Ken and Margaret's.

• 9 years later...

I was born on Skinnerthorpe road in 1962 I think it was 158. We lived next door to the Beightons and the staniland's lived on the corner mrs staniland was the dressmaker. The smiths had a daughter called Lynn. I remember the Robert's family still in touch with Christine. I remember Maxine and Stephanie Wiggley and the Pinders . We moved to Page Hall road when I was still quite young but still hung out on Skinnerthorpe until about 1976. Also remember the Cashins they lived on Bagley. Mrs. Lee's corner shop The pet shop on the corner Alsation used to bark when you went past stuck its nose under the gate. Can anyone remember what the dressmakers shop was originally?