Old clothes we keep - why?

Found a pair of denim shorts I bought In Malta about twenty years ago (can't be that long) washed and Ironed them (I must love them) 8.00am - come home tonight, had a shower thought I'll put them things on, going to bed in an hour or so. One leg in, hang on, second leg in, fall over, ****** not taking the hint, I pull them up, and got the popper fastened, only to notice the zip had gone - I loved them shorts, but I have to say goodbye, I did wear them a couple of year ago and I thought they fitted, my mate was trying to tell me something, when we went into the computer fare at the Arena, and she didn't stamp my arm, I think the penny should have dropped, she said" I'll know those Knees anywhere"

Ain't it funny how we become attached to something, me - it was these shorts (gotta put um in the bin yet) I wasn't trying to look "the Kid" Just memories. I have, or used to have a gay friend, and once in a while we'd go out for a drink together, Meet him straight from work - Great - A good looking bloke -ETC. But let him get home, and he'd change, he wasn't CAMP, but he'd wear these trousers, like the shorts I ain't binned yet - TIGHT - I don't know if he scores in the gear or not, but he was/is a mate - Question is - Did he know what he looked like, did I.- no I never needed to thirty year ago my wife Bought them - but that was a long time ago. The truth is the denim shorts I had were just above the knee, and were prob. tight then.

I've talked about my life on here too much - episode 3 comes next time I'm ****** it's entitled "my job in nick",& "my job in the big house"

Part 4 - The Big House

Just a Quick one, my beers getting warm. I'm doing a two in Exeter nick and I have 3/4 weeks to go, this screw comes into my house and said " your out in a few week, where do you want your rail ticket to go to" me, thinking, I said "Blackpool, I've never been there"

A week later, same screw, same clip board etc -" You can't do that, you can only go to places like - where you have a job, (**** me 2 years in here and I got a job?) or where you have relations (Relations I thought - **** i'm in here for life) or I could go to where I was arrested. So not having much of a choice I said I'd go back to where I was arrested -"Now that's sensible" he said, Where was that? - - - Gurnsey I said, and he **** off, checked the records ect. and three day's later came back and said " you got your travel warrent to ----------------Blackpool.

The funny thing is, in those days it was £ 40.00 to Gurnsey, and the best part of £100 to blackpool.

Anyway, going forward in time, 6 weeks later this screw said to me, " I thought you'd left"

Part 9 comes when I'm sober (be a long wait)

A little closer to home, I had a flat on Norfolk park thirty odd year ago, and got done for not having a telly licence, Ah! sad. - I get to court and I'm expecting a one on one type of thing, Na! not in Sheffield - 6 of us walk in - "You are charged with not having a telly licence etc" how do you plead - all that type of bull sh*** then he said " I fine you £60.00 to be paid at £10 per week" welll I look along the six of us and thought " for christ sake someone tell him we can't afford it" then I heard this voice say " I'm sorry your honer, but I can't afford £10.00 a week" and I realised it was me. Ok he said £8.00 a week in your case. - But your honner I can't even afford that. RIGHT he said £5.00 AND THIS IS NOT AN AUCTION F - Off. true, records must be there. -

Archived