Why are people moaning about the census?

What information then are you scared of the government getting their hands upon?

errr the point is, the government are NOT supposed to get their hand on any info that identifiable, so i object to being lied to by that self same government!!

errr the point is, the government are NOT supposed to get their hand on any info that identifiable, so i object to being lied to by that self same government!!

Are you sure? How do you pay tax, how do they pay pensions, if they don't have any information that is identifiable?

I know I'm talking in general, not specifically about the census, but if the issue is a fear of giving governments information, what specific information are you scared of the government getting their hands on?

Are you sure? How do you pay tax, how do they pay pensions, if they don't have any information that is identifiable?

I know I'm talking in general, not specifically about the census, but if the issue is a fear of giving governments information, what specific information are you scared of the government getting their hands on?

go look what it says on your form about being confidential, IT IS NOT, THEY HAVE LIED, and 80% of the questions have nothing to do with benefits!!

go look what it says on your form about being confidential, IT IS NOT, THEY HAVE LIED, and 80% of the questions have nothing to do with benefits!!
But what specifically is on the form that the government doesn't already know about you that you don't want them to know?

I just used the tax and pensions as examples, I could have used any example where the government is involved in your life one way or another.

You haven't answered my question, what information are you scared that the government could get their hands upon from the census?

My great grandmother filled out her census in the 1920's.

Five years later somone looked up the religion field and as a reward for filling it in correctly then tattooed a number on her forearm as a reward.

That was a strong modern state that gave them benefits and looked after them till some Austrian upstart got into power.

Funny how you or your family seem to have been involved in every big historical event of the last century. And no the rise of the Nazis in 30's Germany is not a reason to bin the census form in the UK today.

Archived