Horse and Groom (Blackstock Road) to be a real ale pub

wotsits

The horse and groom on Blackstock Road has been bought and is going to be opening as a real ale pubt. I have this on very reliable source. It aims to be a family orientated pub doing food. I know the family who are going to be running it and they are lovely. Hoping to bring the community together and to have a nice relaxed place to enjoy. I don't know about everyone else but I think Gleadless valley needs something good like this. I am so excited.

Sounds good:)

Three or four proper ones (Old Leg Over, Sneck Lifter, Hogoblin and maybe a Wychcraft), then up the hill for a swift 40 winks under a spreading beech in Rollestone Woods.

To emerge, slightly murky, for round two.:hihi:

Best of luck to them. Hard running a successful pub these days.

Suggest they get some back rooms smartened up and use them for community bookings -saturday morning ballet classes, karate club, chess club, things like that - this brings people into the pub who don't just want to get bladdered and start a fight.

The horse and groom on Blackstock Road has been bought and is going to be opening as a real ale pubt. I have this on very reliable source. It aims to be a family orientated pub doing food. I know the family who are going to be running it and they are lovely. Hoping to bring the community together and to have a nice relaxed place to enjoy. I don't know about everyone else but I think Gleadless valley needs something good like this. I am so excited.

means no one will ever get a decent pint again:hihi:

Real ale grub as well.

Steak and ale pies (with proper chips....not poncy 'fries')and mushy peas

Ploughman's ... with choice of cheeses.:love:

Wholemeal and Granary breads

Fish fingers (for them as are dieting):)

Chip (proper chips remember) and grated cheese butties.:love:

Archived