Help! We have eggs!!

cheers people! Have just done some research and found that its actually illegal to move nests between 1st feb and july 31st, not that I was intending to move it! But im sure your all right that if mummy bird didnt think it was suitable then she wouldnt have laid there! I think its either bluetits or sparrows as we've seen both going in. going to really keep an eye on it now though. We are so excited!!!:)

Definitely leave well alone - if you keep looking in you might frighten the adult birds away.

The chicks will get out, don't worry! As they get bigger, there's less and less space inside the box, and they get closer to the hole :D

I dont want to disturb them but the box is about 10" deep with a small opening at the front and if the eggs hatch then surely the chicks wont be able to get out.

How do you think the mother got in and out to lay them. Leave the nest alone and let the birds get on with their lives.

Archived