MUSIC GENIE,how can it be removed?

has anyone else been sent this ? my g/f received it last night

it's a screen saver but you cant get rid of it,its a cartoon picture of a family of genies and written across it it says ,you have a music genie living in your phone, she cant find out how to remove it , any one any idea what she could try ?

What phone operating system is it? Andriod, Windows, iPhone, or Symbian?
just rang her ,sorry but she has no idea, all she says is it's a sony ericson and ive no idea myself what system it is

she is having to use her sons phone to contact me as she says it wont send text messages to o2 phones,it's the only way she can comunicate as she has had her voice box removed due to cancer so it's her life line really

Does she have her whole life on it, contacts, numbers, dates etc? If not it might be worth restoring the phone to factory defaults.

More often than not, smart phones tend to have some kind of equivalent of the Windows Add/Remove programs control panel. Not sure where that would be on an Ericsson.

Could be worth picking up a £15 payt effort from the supermarket if it can't be solved quickly.

thank you all for the advice i will pass it on,the phone is on contract, possibly if its only the sim thats got the virus she may get a new sim card,after talking to her through her son,on his mobile she had a text from samsung asking if she wanted to update she pressed yes, then this genie thing arrived ,it kept her on the internet, stopped her from texting or phoning so she has now taken the sim card out ,she only had the phone as an upgrade 3 months ago

as i said earlier she hasnt got round to using the internet settings so the virus must have come via the update ,im sure the o2 company will be able to tell from her account that she hasnt downloaded anything on her own account and that it was the update that sent the virus to her for some reason

If it is a recent Sony Ericsson, it might use Andoid.

Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications. This will list what is installed. Tap on the application name to access the delete buton.

many thanks video pro your instructions worked the phone is up and running ,just had a text saying thank the person who gave you the answer for me please

Archived