History of cutlers arms?

a.s.ullah

Hi all iv recently taken over the cutlers arms pub on gleadless I wanted to find out the history of the place e.g why was it called cutlers? How long has it been a pub? What is the meaning of cutlers? Any information you have will be appreciated thanks.

A Cutler is someone who makes cutlery, something Sheffield is/was famous for.

So the cutlers arms is named after sheffield becouse of the cutlery Sheffield used to make? So the name is liked to sheffields history? It's a nice name it would be a shame to change it? Think I might use the name!

Will it be a pub again?

Sorry it won't we have no experience in running pubs. We are turning it into a Bangladeshi/Indian restaurant our boss is spending nearly half a million on buying the place freehold and revamping the place once we are up and running and got a feel of the business we might make the bar area bigger so people can come and just have a drink but don't hold me to that as we dont have any experience running a pub or a bar we might not restaurant wise we know what we are doing :D

Archived