History of cutlers arms?

a.s.ullah

Hi all iv recently taken over the cutlers arms pub on gleadless I wanted to find out the history of the place e.g why was it called cutlers? How long has it been a pub? What is the meaning of cutlers? Any information you have will be appreciated thanks.

I can't get my breath. :loopy:

my dad used to drink there in the 80's. I loved the little library bit in the old side and used to sit there if I ever went in. It's a real shame it's closed

I first went in that place when I was 17 never thought I'd be running the place one day that odd bit in the back is going to be party room for VIPs you will have to come and have alook when it's done it will look fab iv designed it myself :D il look after that pub it's a place I plan to grow old and gray in it's a dream come true for me I'm well excited I'm never going to let it close again and the name will stay from what boss has been saying you fancy doing the website =D

Would be nice to have a locally brewed Indian Pale Ale on the beer list to go with the meal such as Thornbridge Jaipur.

A nod to the history of the venue and area would be a good touch.

We are planning on stocking all sorts of beers including Jaipur

Drank there and played football for them back in 90s, im sure the landlords name was Kas and he was polish.

a.s.sulla i think Cutlers Spice is a good name for your restaurant.

There is a local football compertition for restaurants and takeaway get a good team to gether and play for cutlers spice =D u fancy that Dave.

My oh has just informed me that Butlers Cafe on Broad Lane is now Butlers Balti, it was run by a big bloke wearing a butchers apron, the place had a dumb waiter n all, apparently they used to serve cow pie (my hubbies favourite). It had a pic on the back wall of Prince Phillip shaking hands with the England world cup team of 1966. Map of Britain on the back wall for all the lorry drivers.

It had loads of competition from Greasy Joe's round the corner - eeeh them were the days. :-)

The Cutlers used to be run by the Sen family, we lived not far from there at the time.

I remember my mother used to call in the off licence when it was open to pick up me dads barley wines.

My oh has just informed me that Butlers Cafe on Broad Lane is now Butlers Balti, it was run by a big bloke wearing a butchers apron, the place had a dumb waiter n all, apparently they used to serve cow pie (my hubbies favourite). It had a pic on the back wall of Prince Phillip shaking hands with the England world cup team of 1966. Map of Britain on the back wall for all the lorry drivers.

It had loads of competition from Greasy Joe's round the corner - eeeh them were the days. :-)

The Cutlers used to be run by the Sen family, we lived not far from there at the time.

I remember my mother used to call in the off licence when it was open to pick up me dads barley wines.

Has the pub always been ran by a family?

Was the sen family the first people to open cutlers arms? Do you know

Archived